🏡 Better Homes Brag / Complain About a DIY Project Thread

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
One side of the house done. Need to do a little touch ups tomorrow but thats it.

Check this shit out...we got 2 sample sizes of the colors we were looking at and painted them on the garage. Couldn't tell the difference so we chose the right one....(BT, blueberry tart)

Well the right one is the one that we painted :rofl: quite a difference. We like it, but for sure we know they messed up the samples. Hopefully all the gallons are the same shade :rofl:

20220723_185331.jpg

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
One side of the house done. Need to do a little touch ups tomorrow but thats it.

Check this shit out...we got 2 sample sizes of the colors we were looking at and painted them on the garage. Couldn't tell the difference so we chose the right one....(BT, blueberry tart)

Well the right one is the one that we painted :rofl: quite a difference. We like it, but for sure we know they messed up the samples. Hopefully all the gallons are the same shade :rofl:

View attachment 126950
blue arrested development GIF

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Out of nowhere baes step-dad calls and says he's coming over to help us with electricity yesterday, mounting lights and such and switches. I was like you've got to be fucking kidding me. Attic was probably 110. Here he is rolling around in insulation short sleeve shirt and shit and im in long sleeves and cargo pants.

Unreal.

But we fixed an out door light that been out for 3 years.

Found out they have just plain out outlets with shit plugged into them to power outlets through the house. Lmao

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Good lord
It's bad dude. We pulled up 3 outlets throughout the years cause we knew we were going to reinstall them elsewhere.

But we found an outlet that has a 2 prong wire that goes down the wall to a light switch. Then another 3 prong that goes to the front porch light.

Just a box with an outlet and even a outlet cover chilling in attic. Lmao

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Don’t know how to wire anything but an outlet. I’d take that over some twisted together with a single piece of electrical tape folded over it. Or the boat I bought from Yaj Yak Yaj Yak that was wired entirely with green extension cord that way.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Don’t know how to wire anything but an outlet. I’d take that over some twisted together with a single piece of electrical tape folded over it. Or the boat I bought from Yaj Yak Yaj Yak that was wired entirely with green extension cord that way.
thats how the old owner wired the fireplace outlet and the lights in the kitchen..... I'm sure there is more BS hiding too.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Thread Info