Jim
come on please GIF by The Orchard Films

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Wife’s side of the garage has been wonky for years. I adjusted it yesterday and realized it’s not the eyes that are out of alignment but the wire was sensitive about how it was positioned. Pulled them apart because I figured if I was going to spend the $40 to replace them I might as well take a crack at it. It’s not pretty because I don’t have a desoldering setup, but soldered new wire to the board and we’re back in business for free.99.

D146B9E6-DE7A-46CE-BCD5-20B5C46B093C.jpeg

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Speaking of garage doors does anybody have any tips for having problems with the door closing when the sun is at a certain angle and it shines directly into the sensor eyes? I tried reversing them and it seemed to help but it was a fluke. My only other thought is some type of shroud around the sensor but I’d rather not have to fabricate something like that in case there’s a different solution

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Speaking of garage doors does anybody have any tips for having problems with the door closing when the sun is at a certain angle and it shines directly into the sensor eyes? I tried reversing them and it seemed to help but it was a fluke. My only other thought is some type of shroud around the sensor but I’d rather not have to fabricate something like that in case there’s a different solution
I was having a huge problem with that. I cleaned them and readjusted them. 10X better. Then when the new door was put up they were cleaned and adjusted by the installers and we *knock on wood* haven’t had a problem since.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Here’s a quick sketch of my idea. The white is a totally not-to-scale representation of my garage opening from above with the arrow pointing outside. The red represents my current placement of the sensors. They are actually set back a few inches in real life. The yellow is the angle of the sun at exactly 6:30am around this time of year, exactly when I need to go to work and the thing won’t close. the green is my idea. I think it’ll cut the angle off enough to help

63A77993-B1EA-4655-A9EF-CB0F65ACA2DD.jpeg

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Here’s a quick sketch of my idea. The white is a totally not-to-scale representation of my garage opening from above with the arrow pointing outside. The red represents my current placement of the sensors. They are actually set back a few inches in real life. The yellow is the angle of the sun at exactly 6:30am around this time of year, exactly when I need to go to work and the thing won’t close. the green is my idea. I think it’ll cut the angle off enough to help

View attachment 124920

I like that idea but you’re losing some storage space. Just going to move the brackets they’re on out, or bend something up out of some slotted bar stock or something?

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
That get mentioned in the inspection report? Mine got dinged for being a few inches too high.
Ohh yeah it was on the report. least of our concerns on the house when we bought it though. actually see that beam that the lenses are mounted to in that picture I posted? the previous owner used this 150 year old wood from a barn when they had the addition built. neat!

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak and DanJ

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

View attachment 124920
Lord Tin Foilhat Lord Tin Foilhat is that you?!?!

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

View attachment 124920
Tint the lens.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

View attachment 124920

57d1e75dafb7b_shitsweak.gif.22a1342844bfeb11af1c326b15d3182a.gif

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
What’s the best way to get the black streaks off white gutters and facia? Something lazy like spray on and walk away?
Best I could come up with was some LA’s totally awesome degreaser from the dollar store. Dilute that shit because it strong AF. $10 garden sprayer from Home Depot. Spray on the degreaser water solution. Quick wipe with a rag and hose off and remaining. Gutters looks 95% better. Do not let the degreaser dry on anything. It will leave a white residue and it very hard to get off unless you spray more degreaser on and scrub, then hose off very well.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Started prepping house for paint. Filled in the million screw holes from last homeowner. Sanded fill holes and scrapped flaking paint/sanded fascia.

Also sealed under the soffit, had 1/8" - 1/4" gaps in some spots.

North wall ready for paint. Just have to remove the window well covers. Going to hopefully get the wall painted tomorrow and another side prepped.

20220709_204421.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Started prepping house for paint. Filled in the million screw holes from last homeowner. Sanded fill holes and scrapped flaking paint/sanded fascia.

Also sealed under the soffit, had 1/8" - 1/4" gaps in some spots.

North wall ready for paint. Just have to remove the window well covers. Going to hopefully get the wall painted tomorrow and another side prepped.

View attachment 125555
Any idea what all of the screw holes were from? They have exterior shelves or something?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Any idea what all of the screw holes were from? They have exterior shelves or something?
Some were nails embeeded too deep when they put on the siding leaving holes, so I filled those in.

Some they had like 3-4 screws for each thing they hung and they had the cable running along that way previously that has been pulled and rerouted to a single hole.

Here is a pic from when they were here. You can see the cable along the bottom and stuff mounted on the walls.

SmartSelect_20220709-211411_Mull.jpg

Reactions: guspech750

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Some were nails embeeded too deep when they put on the siding leaving holes, so I filled those in.

Some they had like 3-4 screws for each thing they hung and they had the cable running along that way previously that has been pulled and rerouted to a single hole.

Here is a pic from when they were here. You can see the cable along the bottom and stuff mounted on the walls.

View attachment 125557
Ahh. Those items on the wall would have made great archery targets, with the wall being the backstop ?

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Thread Info