🏡 Better Homes Brag / Complain About a DIY Project Thread

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I considered doing RGB, but they’re on three different outlets, and I didn’t really see a time when I’d want a multicolored kitchen. I also read that the white in an RGB strip has a weird hue to it. I’d have to get what I think is called an RGBW strip that has dedicated white chips along it, and I’d just have a bunch of unused RGB chips sitting idle on the strip most of the time.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I considered doing RGB, but they’re on three different outlets, and I didn’t really see a time when I’d want a multicolored kitchen. I also read that the white in an RGB strip has a weird hue to it. I’d have to get what I think is called an RGBW strip that has dedicated white chips along it, and I’d just have a bunch of unused RGB chips sitting idle on the strip most of the time.
Rave parties. Duh. :rofl:

I get it though.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Finished the basement minus wrapping poles
00D38DA4-A83D-4C1B-96EC-6D6B9CA5B8B8.jpeg

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
We both have a lot of shoes, I hate clutter, I made a shoe rack, it’s full. Should have just made it wider and sat it on top of the baseboard, but I didn’t, so now I have to notch out the back so it fits flush. Just 1x12, some antique white stain and a coat of triple thick polyurethane.

CBEA1972-CDFD-47E6-B01F-DED7807EC20A.jpeg

76FB7705-9479-400A-B3F7-7FB901A31C6C.jpeg

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I have those hanging behind the door shoe holder thing, works good but like this better! Also are those vans the running shoe variant ( look like cross trainers ) style?
AAA3CEE6-A9A1-4601-93A0-DF0EE27A414B.jpeg

Oh we have one of those too. That’s for sandals and flats :rofl:. And yea one of them are the ultra ranges that’s vans version of a sock shoe. They’re real comfortable and my go to for anything that’s going to involve any sort of walking.

I love the herringbone tile too ??

Thanks. Previous owners did it I think. Per the listing it’s Travertine stone.

Reactions: frank

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
View attachment 110903

Oh we have one of those too. That’s for sandals and flats :rofl:. And yea one of them are the ultra ranges that’s vans version of a sock shoe. They’re real comfortable and my go to for anything that’s going to involve any sort of walking.

Odd where you find inspiration. I just got a small promotion outta the help desk and need a walking shoe that's a bit more professional than Nikes and New Balances. Gonna go seek these out next time I'm shoe shopping.

Reactions: DanJ

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
So what say you TCG amateur plumbers? I have a square drain in my shower. I removed the two screws and have tried yanking on it with needle nose and channel lock pliers, prying on it with a flat head, and the tapping around the edge with a flat head and hammer. dont want to use too much force and crack tile or grout, but i cant get this center piece out to more thoroughly clean the pipe.

CE53344F-252A-4434-BBD2-6B0F8E502E88.jpeg

I’m guessing it’s either corroded together or some grout got in there when they did the tile. Not sure if I should try soaking it in CLR or PB blaster or something.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I am sure soaking in CLR wont hurt, but I would get some steel wire, string it through and up around a pipe or something and pull/hammer up to break it loose. That way you arent prying against the tile or hammering down on it.

This as a concept. Can pull on that black wire up to get it off.

1644359327953.png

Reactions: DanJ and frank

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
There outer portion is definitely grouted in, there’s an inner part that’s supposed to be held in with screws. I tried running a razor between the two but the tolerances are really tight. I fished that small cat of hair out between the slots so we’re good for now. Id like to get it really clean as we had this main drain pipe snaked last fall after my wife was showering and the toilet downstairs started filling up with shower water. Id like to be able to periodically get the hair up here before it clogs down below the downstairs toilet.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
There outer portion is definitely grouted in, there’s an inner part that’s supposed to be held in with screws. I tried running a razor between the two but the tolerances are really tight. I fished that small cat of hair out between the slots so we’re good for now. Id like to get it really clean as we had this main drain pipe snaked last fall after my wife was showering and the toilet downstairs started filling up with shower water. Id like to be able to periodically get the hair up here before it clogs down below the downstairs toilet.
Dremmel with a cut off wheel and try and cut away the grout

Reactions: DanJ

Thread Info