Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Found a couple contenders I'm eyeballing... The Polaris I'm partial to because it's cheaper and it's a 570 which will still run forever BUT I know it's going to have typical Polaris QC. Whereas the Honda is... well... Honda.

https://www.atvtrader.com/listing/2017-Honda-FourTrax-Foreman-Rubicon-4x4-Automatic-DCT-5000635535

https://www.atvtrader.com/listing/2017-Polaris-Sportsman-570-Sage-Green-120960259

I have been around and around between a Rubicon and Sportsman in my head for years. I'll give you the cliffs.

Sportsman:
Cheaper but feels that way too
More power
More fun
Don't expect to keep it more than 5 years or so

Rubicon:
It will run longer than you will have bladder control
It will go through anything, just slower
Maintenance involves washing it and adding fuel
Build quality is 2nd to none on the industry

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Had EPS on the Scrambler. Honestly, it really isn't a huge concern for me and the headache that comes along with it when it eventually stops working like my Scrambler's did. For such an expensive and intricate system, you'd think Polaris would use better weather pack connectors instead of the garbage they use currently.

You may as well take the time now, pull all your electrical plugs on the EPS and pack them full of dielectric grease before you have an issue.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Weird. The last time I rode the Scrambler, the 5 of us were burying our machines in a watering hole and covered in mud. It sat for almost a year and when I turned it on, it was throwing all kinds of codes that I eventually figured out were the EPS freaking out. Unplugged everything I could and all the prongs were green and corroded.

Polaris must now finally be waking up that people get these fucking things dirty and all these millions of electrical connections need protection. Who knew.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Weird. The last time I rode the Scrambler, the 5 of us were burying our machines in a watering hole and covered in mud. It sat for almost a year and when I turned it on, it was throwing all kinds of codes that I eventually figured out were the EPS freaking out. Unplugged everything I could and all the prongs were green and corroded.

Polaris must now finally be waking up that people get these fucking things dirty and all these millions of electrical connections need protection. Who knew.

1 point, Honda

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL

A small part of me thinks maybe Fuel did it when they installed the plow kit. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least.

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Well that's on the winch, they definitely did that. I'm talking about all the connections buried under the plastics that will get wet and corrode. I'm just letting you know if that issue or something similar ever happens.

Every connection I saw up front under that panel you remove in the clamshell was lubed up with KY. Do I need to pull the seat & dig further in there?

BeerOrGasoline

Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL

You can see the red lead running to the batt near the coolant bottle.

13103d1501267489-new-battery-location-570-20160416_155756.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info