Braap folk, opinions please

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
At this point the power is meh to me. I can still get stupid with 50hp compared to the 89 my Scrambler had. I’d think the price more comes for the fact it’s 1) Yamaha and 2) they are indestructible and run forever. I know Polaris’ 570 is a great motor but much like Can-Am vs Polaris SxS, the Polaris feels “flimsy” whereas Can-Am/Yamaha feel sturdy and built well.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
At this point the power is meh to me. I can still get stupid with 50hp compared to the 89 my Scrambler had. I’d think the price more comes for the fact it’s 1) Yamaha and 2) they are indestructible and run forever. I know Polaris’ 570 is a great motor but much like Can-Am vs Polaris SxS, the Polaris feels “flimsy” whereas Can-Am/Yamaha feel sturdy and built well.

Agreed, I'd just expect a bit more out of a 700, my 570 makes 44hp.

Riding a Kodiak EPS back to back with the SP I bought, they felt similar quality & refinement, but I'd assume the Polaris will show it's age quicker whereas the Yammie is bulletproof

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The entire Kenosha County Snowmobile Trail System is CLOSED. Though we received some significant snow in western Kenosha County on 1/23/18, the heavy rains and warm temperatures in the preceding days mean the ground is too soft and saturated to ride on. Riding on this soft, wet ground would damage property and crops in the fields. Therefore, the trails will remain CLOSED. Please call (262) 671-4944 throughout winter for the most current and official notice of trail condition (open or closed). Note: Our general guidelines state that there must be at least 4” of snow if the ground is frozen, or 6” if the ground is not frozen, to open the trails. The groomers go out if there is at least 6” on the ground. Conditions will vary by location, and our county trail system opens or closes on an all-or-nothing basis. The decision to open or closed is based on the conditions throughout the entire county and not those in localized areas.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Wait whaaaaat? I mean I went to bed with everything wet and woke up to a couple inches of snow. I know the heaviest snow was supppsed to be north of Madison but I gotta find out now.

I've got an easy 4" at my house, and there were cars on 12 this AM with at least 8" on their roof. So they couldn't have been that far out. I want to investigate this and possibly ride tonight.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The entire Kenosha County Snowmobile Trail System is CLOSED. Though we received some significant snow in western Kenosha County on 1/23/18, the heavy rains and warm temperatures in the preceding days mean the ground is too soft and saturated to ride on. Riding on this soft, wet ground would damage property and crops in the fields. Therefore, the trails will remain CLOSED. Please call (262) 671-4944 throughout winter for the most current and official notice of trail condition (open or closed). Note: Our general guidelines state that there must be at least 4” of snow if the ground is frozen, or 6” if the ground is not frozen, to open the trails. The groomers go out if there is at least 6” on the ground. Conditions will vary by location, and our county trail system opens or closes on an all-or-nothing basis. The decision to open or closed is based on the conditions throughout the entire county and not those in localized areas.

Well that's lame.

I still may try and ride around, but, yeah, the warmup/ground thaw is a bitch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info