Bought my first gun

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Reaction score
Actually, it's for the wife. M&P .22 compact. I'll probably get a glock 9 later this year. Picking up the .22 Friday.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
First gun Colleen shot (that she liked), and she loved it. Been looking into picking one up, but she wants a pink gun because she's a girl :rofl:

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Nice! Should be fun!

And if you're wife ever really gets pissed at you, you might be able to live through a .22 shot.

Great White Drake

Reaction score
We took some safety class and got to shoot after and she actually did really well. I hope this is a hobby for her because it was pretty fun.

Thanks guys. I'll post a pic when I get it. The bullets look like they wouldn't hurt much lol. I got Remington, came in a green box. The guy at rka said he's never had a problem with them.

stan5050

Reaction score
Most semi auto .22 handguns are ammo picky. If they don't work out well, CCI mini mags are the gold standard... let me know when you want to go shoot.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
First gun Colleen shot (that she liked), and she loved it. Been looking into picking one up, but she wants a pink gun because she's a girl :rofl:

[MENTION=4700]Miss Esa[/MENTION] Quite likes her Ruger SR22 which comes in.... Well...

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
We took some safety class and got to shoot after and she actually did really well. I hope this is a hobby for her because it was pretty fun.

Thanks guys. I'll post a pic when I get it. The bullets look like they wouldn't hurt much lol. I got Remington, came in a green box. The guy at rka said he's never had a problem with them.
I bought a sr22 for my mom a few years ago she runs federal automach it's made for semi auto hand guns and runs very well in the gun never had a ftf

Turtle

Reaction score
My sr22 never had an issue with any ammo I threw at it. And I've shot least 5000 rounds. For a while 22 were hard to find so I just bought anything I can get my hands on.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Most semi auto .22 handguns are ammo picky. If they don't work out well, CCI mini mags are the gold standard... let me know when you want to go shoot.
The Ruger Mark series guns will eat anything you feed them. I love my MK3. If I didnt have time/money invested, Id get a MK4.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Wow, a .22 handgun that functions reliably and isn't a $700 Ruger Mark xxx.

I might have to check this thing out.

Great White Drake

Reaction score
Nice! I have the full size one. Mine eats even the shitty golden bullets from Remington.

Rka in Plano sometime?
That's where I bought this from. Really like that place.

I'm an extreme newbie with guns so if you have the patience I'd like to go with someone who knows what they're doing.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
That's where I bought this from. Really like that place.

I'm an extreme newbie with guns so if you have the patience I'd like to go with someone who knows what they're doing.
I'm always willing to pass down the advice and knowledge I've gotten from [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] anytime. Just let me know!

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Wow, a .22 handgun that functions reliably and isn't a $700 Ruger Mark xxx.

I might have to check this thing out.
$700? Where you buying them from? Ill sell you mine that I bought new for $370 for 500 if thats the case. :rofl:

Great White Drake

Reaction score

Just got back from shooting with the wife. My first shot was right in the middle. Had a great time, definitely a gun you can shoot for a long time.

Remington ammo was junk!! After 4 mags I had at least 1 jam every 10 shots. Walked out from the range, bought cci mini mags and put 8 full trouble free mags through it with the new ammo. All in all, very happy. Cleaned, oiled, and ready for next time!

blck10th

Reaction score
Cci mini mags or Winchester x is the tops for .22.

Don't forget tomorrow is 22% off of all .22 in stock

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom