Food / Drink Bought my first Blackstone griddle-any advice?

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Caved last night and ordered one. Got the 36 inch 4 burner blackstone.
I have this, I like it more than using a traditional grill.

You can get disposable liners for the rear drip tray, I just let it cool off and then throw those out in bag.

I like to take a minute or two after cooking and do a quick clean on the Blackstone. When I next use it I do the same thing but take more time.

Reactions: Great White Drake

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Anybody got any advice on different oils? When I was at the store I saw different strengths with mild and medium and so forth. Is it like different heats of hot sauce?

I'm not very educated on the food side of things, I flipped a few burritos on a flat grill out of high school but other than that I've just been sloppin my way along with this thing and so far haven't been disappointed yet. Smash burgers, quesadillas, bacon and eggs. Might try some fajitas tonight and see how it goes

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Anybody got any advice on different oils? When I was at the store I saw different strengths with mild and medium and so forth. Is it like different heats of hot sauce?

I'm not very educated on the food side of things, I flipped a few burritos on a flat grill out of high school but other than that I've just been sloppin my way along with this thing and so far haven't been disappointed yet. Smash burgers, quesadillas, bacon and eggs. Might try some fajitas tonight and see how it goes
Avacado oil. It leaves the least amount of “oil taste” and is actually a healthy option as well. You do not want seed oils. Different oils have different smoke points. The smoke point it when gets so hot it turns to smoke and no longer protecting your grill or covering food from burning.

I tried canola oil when I was first started out and just a bit too much and you could taste it on the finished food. Also, you’d shit within an hour ?. It’d just slide right out.

Reactions: crooks and sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
#tcgknowseverything

20221002_175825.jpg

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Those are pretty good. I got the 4 burner (4 people in the household) and I've yet to use the whole surface area.
It's just me and my girl most of the time. When we sons home from college or summer, then it's us 3.
I use the entire cooking area all the time. I will cook my entire meal across that bad boy. Meat over here, veggies there, rice down yonder, oh shoot thats done early, you stay warm here.

Reactions: sktchy

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I'm a big fan of throwing a little water on it when it's still hot and then everything scrapes right off
That's what I do. I use a spray bottle spray it up, and scrape the stubborn bits. I'll periodically oil it to keep it from rusting, like a wok.

When I next use it I will do high heat, spray bottle of water, wipe with paper towels, oil it (or butter) and then get cooking.

Reactions: frank and sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Spray bottles fancier than how I do it. Just dump maybe a shot glass worth of water on the worst spot and then use the scraper to push it around and get the rest. Boils it right off. +1 on keeping it oiled, I've been using extra virgin olive oil mostly as I usually have it around 400 for temp. I like to use butter on lower temp stuff, if I remember right the smoke point is in the mid to high 300s so it just burns off tryin to get a good sear on somethin.

Of course i went the electric single burner route and have figured out where my hot spots are but it gets used at least twice a week at our place. Having it on the counter and just pushing the button and opening the lid is glorious

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info