Food / Drink Bought my first Blackstone griddle-any advice?

strtcar

Regular
Oct 28, 2007
Added this to the collection over the weekend, Pit Boss 5 Burner.

1631019527579.png

1631019545079.png

1631019560425.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Reactions: Z28Camaro

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
My GF and her parent's got me the Camp Chef portable 4 burner griddle for Christmas. It seems to have better heat dispersion and wind protection than the blackstone plus it can be folded up and put into 2 carry cases. I'm hoping to put it together this week. I can't wait for the weather to break so I can make breakfast and try my hand at hibachi. I now have a propane grill, charcoal grill, pellet smoker and griddle. My outdoor cooking set up is complete.

1641826005125.png

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Most likely going this week to finally get a Blackstone. I got some gift cards for XMas and I have one for Dicks Sporting Goods. They have the big one there with the lid for like $450. Work sent me extra bonus in a Amazon gift card. So I'll use that to get an accessory kit and cover for it.

Once I have that I'll sell my gas grill and replace that with a Kettle charcoal grill. I need to figure out how I want to setup my patio now. I have the Traeger, I'll have the Blackstone and then the kettle.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Finally got mine. Convinced the wife to let me get it before spring because they are usually sold out everywhere by then. Picked it up at ACE and the box wouldn’t fit in any of my cars so I broke it down in the parking lot and put the individual pieces in my trunk lol. cannot wait to season this bitch

FC70B86D-B880-4679-9389-1D94AF51C8DA.jpeg

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Finally got mine. Convinced the wife to let me get it before spring because they are usually sold out everywhere by then. Picked it up at ACE and the box wouldn’t fit in any of my cars so I broke it down in the parking lot and put the individual pieces in my trunk lol. cannot wait to season this bitch

View attachment 110675
Having a lid is such a game changer when cooking on a blackstone!

Reactions: Great White Drake

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Having a kid is such a game changer when cooking on a blackstone!
The wife is already talking about making freezer packs with all the pre cut and seasoned veggies and meat for making fajitas so all we have to do is grab a pack out of the freezer and slap it on the griddle.

Reactions: Aircal and frank

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
The wife is already talking about making freezer packs with all the pre cut and seasoned veggies and meat for making fajitas so all we have to do is grab a pack out of the freezer and slap it on the griddle.
We do the same with the pulled pork and carnitas from Costco, they are pre packaged, open them up and cook away. Also both help with the seasoning of the cooktop which is a bonus.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info