Food / Drink Bought my first Blackstone griddle-any advice?

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
I had a grill for at least 10 years and a Genesis the last 5. I wish I bought the griddle 10 years ago.

I’d throw a pan of potatoes while trying to grill chicken in my Weber but you have to stir them so you don’t burn one side. There goes all your heat for the chicken. I found it sucked.

I’ll put my griddle smash burger against any gas grill burger. I’ve experimented enough with both. This does everything the grill does ?‍♂️ but way more convenient. I can cook sides and main dish now and it all comes off at the same time and faster than a grill would. Food is juicier as you’re not losing it through grates. And everything taste better in bacon fat lol.

I’ve lit my grill once since buying the griddle. Either way, you will not be disappointed.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Get you one that does both? Have this hooked up to the house propane for the last few years. no complaints.

1594134946777.png
1594134964639.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I had a grill for at least 10 years and a Genesis the last 5. I wish I bought the griddle 10 years ago.

I’d throw a pan of potatoes while trying to grill chicken in my Weber but you have to stir them so you don’t burn one side. There goes all your heat for the chicken. I found it sucked.

I’ll put my griddle smash burger against any gas grill burger. I’ve experimented enough with both. This does everything the grill does ?‍♂️ but way more convenient. I can cook sides and main dish now and it all comes off at the same time and faster than a grill would. Food is juicier as you’re not losing it through grates. And everything taste better in bacon fat lol.

I’ve lit my grill once since buying the griddle. Either way, you will not be disappointed.

air fryer version and typical oil fryer version

Reactions: Great White Drake

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

I’ll put my griddle smash burger against any gas grill burger. I’ve experimented enough with both. This does everything the gas grill does ?‍♂️ but way more convenient. I can cook sides and main dish now and it all comes off at the same time and faster than a grill would. Food is juicier as you’re not losing it through grates. And everything taste better in bacon fat lol.

ficksed

Reactions: Great White Drake

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
Get you one that does both? Have this hooked up to the house propane for the last few years. no complaints.

View attachment 62074View attachment 62076
Grill with no lid? I wonder how food turns out.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I was thinking 28” but now I see the 36 isn’t much more. I’d rather get the bigger work surface and not need it
That was my thought process. It's nice to have the added space but if you're cooking just a little you can just turn on 2 zones only and use the cool side to stage up food or whatever. I can't see a reason why not to get the bigger one if you have the room unless you plan on traveling with it for camping or tailgating.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
That’s my other question, what are you guys doing about a lid? I don’t want it to just sit out uncovered and get caked with bird shit and rust
I bought these and mine has stayed in perfect shape.

Reactions: Stink Star

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Also, do yourself a favor and get these for the grease tray....

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
Also, do yourself a favor and get these for the grease tray....

Or some tin foil works too.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
To answer everyone here,

the gas tank sits in the inside like a normal gas bbq, back side is open some.

the lid isa big part of why I made this purchase, nice to have a splatter guard on the back side which it is an add on from blackstone, And the Lid help when not in use also which I liked.

I picked it from Walmart near me where I paid $274.00 little more then I wanted to pay but it had a lid, closed off gas tank area and nice removable side shelf’s where one has the magnets for holding the grill utensils.

once I added up the cost of a lid, side and rear splatter Guards and a few other Items it was cheaper this way.

it was preassembled at the store so just rolled it out, unscrewed the shelf’s and slid it into my 4Runner which made it all the better!

image.jpg

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
To answer everyone here,

the gas tank sits in the inside like a normal gas bbq, back side is open some.

the lid isa big part of why I made this purchase, nice to have a splatter guard on the back side which it is an add on from blackstone, And the Lid help when not in use also which I liked.

I picked it from Walmart near me where I paid $274.00 little more then I wanted to pay but it had a lid, closed off gas tank area and nice removable side shelf’s where one has the magnets for holding the grill utensils.

once I added up the cost of a lid, side and rear splatter Guards and a few other Items it was cheaper this way.

it was preassembled at the store so just rolled it out, unscrewed the shelf’s and slid it into my 4Runner which made it all the better!

View attachment 62145
Season that thing and let us know how you like it. That’s definitely nicer than my original 28”.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info