Food / Drink Bought my first Blackstone griddle-any advice?

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
So this happened. Went from a 2 burner 28” to a 4 burner 36” because I loved it so much. If you don’t think 10” is alot, ask your mother. Seasoning this bitch now. Lmao idk why I like being so aggressive.

9B2A6629-C95D-44CD-B83D-165AB3A4EF7F.jpeg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I did a thing. I went to my best friends house for a family trip in Ohio over the holiday weekend and he had the smaller black stone like Great White Drake Great White Drake had initially. I was so impressed with the burgers that I bought one when i got back and sprung for the bigger one knowing that’s what seems to be the case for many to upgrade to. $300 didn’t seem all that much for the big one anyway. This is going to go well with my kamado for grilling and smoking.

DA3C1E8E-5B22-420B-B30A-7D9C04DDC4F8.jpeg

E232313A-ADB4-41C6-A830-ADFDBE873B8C.jpeg

587F8B74-9D87-470D-B8F5-89D7EAEC0FE8.jpeg

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
I did a thing. I went to my best friends house for a family trip in Ohio over the holiday weekend and he had the smaller black stone like Great White Drake Great White Drake had initially. I was so impressed with the burgers that I bought one when i got back and sprung for the bigger one knowing that’s what seems to be the case for many to upgrade to. $300 didn’t seem all that much for the big one anyway. This is going to go well with my kamado for grilling and smoking.

View attachment 62024

View attachment 62025

View attachment 62026

Congrats Will, you’re ganna love it! I just did hotdogs wrapped in shredded cheese.

115FF96B-7926-4B81-BC79-C7E7362A16D0.jpeg

B29BA52D-1B02-4E62-AC11-8E51220A044E.jpeg

25C691C9-2DFB-4AC9-B363-638922BAAC54.jpeg

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
so how difficult is it to convert these to natural gas or are there specific natttty gas models
There is a kit, takes ~20 minutes. I converted mine.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Going back and forth on this as I need a grill at the moment.

Blackstone - like it as you can cook several items at on time which is nice. Con’s at the moment are cant do ribs / slow and low meats, can’t reheat food as you could with a grill either. Right ?

regular grill- can cook everything on it also but takes more skill to not have loose items fall thru the grates as in veggies. Con’s are you can’t get the same end results a cook top.

Could one buy a gas grill and then add on the cook top and have the same effect as a Blackstone?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Blackstone - like it as you can cook several items at on time which is nice. Con’s at the moment are cant do ribs / slow and low meats, can’t reheat food as you could with a grill either. Right ?

regular grill- can cook everything on it also but takes more skill to not have loose items fall thru the grates as in veggies. Con’s are you can’t get the same end results a cook top.

Could one buy a gas grill and then add on the cook top and have the same effect as a Blackstone?

what's your budget?

also this is likely the wrong thread to get an unbiased answer :s00ls: :rofl:

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

I'd rather have a good grill over the Blackstone....but I really believe both are necessary! Blackstone sells a grill top.....

Reactions: frank and Yaj Yak

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I'd rather have a good grill over the Blackstone....but I really believe both are necessary! Blackstone sells a grill top.....

sold on a Blackstone now.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Neighbor just picked one up as well, and now I may have to add one to the grill on the patio.

I would definitely not use this to replace the grill, but having both might be nice as well.

He got his 28" model at Menards and got the 11% off deal, I think it ended up being around $175 for it? Not bad.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Thoughts on this one?

I feel I don’t need to have a 4 burner as I’m cooking 99% of the time for my family if 4.
Up to you, but most people that I've known that buy the 28 end up upgrading to the 36. Also, the 36 goes on sale for cheaper than what you have in that link. First link is an inventory checker, sometimes the fancy one goes on sale for cheap (just type in your zip). The regular 36 can be shipped from walmart right now for $184.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Up to you, but most people that I've known that buy the 28 end up upgrading to the 36. Also, the 36 goes on sale for cheaper than what you have in that link. First link is an inventory checker, sometimes the fancy one goes on sale for cheap (just type in your zip). The regular 36 can be shipped from walmart right now for $184.

That is the best site ever ! Found some local with great prices ! 36 inch it is. Will post some pics later this evening.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info