Food / Drink Bought my first Blackstone griddle-any advice?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
One that allows you to smoke that and use your grill at the same time.

What sort of multi tasking crazy asshole do you think I am?

I did think of a huuuuuge benefit of a griddle in regards to bacon/cooking inside.. Grease splatter. You can cook with a griddle outside in bacon fat without regard for flare ups while shooting grease left and right for a couple feet...

I want a griddle cuz i see the benefits but Yoooo dawg lemme light some charcoal too.

svtcobra725

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
I use mine for tacos on a weekly basis, I converted it to NG
e8b59143eadf952e266f1ff7b3966cf5.jpg

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Attempt number 2 at bacon and eggs. Much better. Bacon was fantastic. Even if it looks less cooked it’s crispy as hell. I definitely need a thick cut because this bacon started sticking. Maybe too low of heat?

I moved eggs to a hotter side and lost the runnyness within a minute. Shit cooks fast I need to stress that lol.

as of now, I concede. This won’t be replacing my Weber grill but will be a very welcome addition. This is why fb groups suck ?. People claiming they don’t use their grills anymore. Well, seems silly so far to me but this is all still new to me.

78D44BD6-447C-413F-B68B-5FE65E222667.jpeg

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
We use our Blackstone as much as our grill at this point. Tacos are amazing, go to the Mexican grocery store and get the seasoned carne asada or Al pastor and throw it on the griddle with the shells. Smashburgers, Carmel popcorn, and of course breakfast. We'll get potatoes, bacon, eggs, pancakes all going at once.

Our family is always together (20+ people usually), and it's great to make huge breakfasts all outside and eat outside. No cleaning the kitchen afterwards.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I want to grill a steak, get it to about 110, and drop it on the griddle in garlic butter to finish to 125. At least my thought so far. Yaj Yak Yaj Yak ?
I've cooked Ribeyes sous vide and then sear on the Blackstone with butter. I still prefer the charcoal grill for steaks, but they do come out outstanding doing this.

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
If there’s any doubt about the utility of a flat top grill, just turn on the Food Network and watch any episode of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. These are a staple of restaurant cooking and super versatile. Would be a game changer to have one of these inside with proper ventilation. Probably would gain 20 lbs in the first 6 months lol.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
So tried a couple sirloins and asparagus. Made some garlic butter, slathered it on the grill and dropped the steaks in it. Crispy, not burnt tasting which I was expecting by the look outside, and a nice 130ish inside. Sirloins aren’t my first choice of steak so I wasn’t afraid of messing them up. They were fantastic. Asparagus was dropped in the steak/garlic butter juice and were equally as good.

1E77B8E4-699C-4BFD-A47A-3D94F5DFF22E.jpeg

49965007-A20E-4BE3-9A65-BD7A0073CB4F.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info