Food / Drink Bought my first Blackstone griddle-any advice?

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
My buddy got one and I was instantly sold. I should’ve bought one a long time ago. It’s a lot more useful than a grill imo. Anyway, I’ve got the burger smasher, the steamer and steak press. Also got a cover for it.

Any advice on seasoning the new grill or how to cook certain foods on it?

EB8D5B9E-1865-419C-B7DB-22E37926C5A4.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Rent Free and Mook

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
Why do you say it’s more useful than a grill ? Just curious I was eye balling on the other day.
Anything you do on a grill this can do and more easily. Bacon, vegetables, eggs ect. Just throw it on. To do this stuff on my grill I need a pan or two and different heat ranges which effect the rest of the food in the grill. I could sear steaks on the griddle while doing onions and mushrooms on the other side.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My buddy got one and I was instantly sold. I should’ve bought one a long time ago. It’s a lot more useful than a grill imo. Anyway, I’ve got the burger smasher, the steamer and steak press. Also got a cover for it.

Any advice on seasoning the new grill or how to cook certain foods on it?

View attachment 57976
Curious as to why you say its better than a grill? Its essentially just a big frying pan imo. When grilling lets say chicken or other fatty meats, the fat drips off and creates flavor once it smokes. I dont think you get the same from a griddle unless I'm missing something. I have a griddle attachment for my grill if ever needed.

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
Curious as to why you say its better than a grill? Its essentially just a big frying pan imo. When grilling lets say chicken or other fatty meats, the fat drips off and creates flavor once it smokes. I dont think you get the same from a griddle unless I'm missing something. I have a griddle attachment for my grill if ever needed.
It does everything your grill does plus more and more versatile. Anything you can cook on the grill you can do on this. Like an egg on your burger throw it on the griddle next to the burgers. Asparagus, potatoes, pancakes ect. You’re not really smoking with a grill. All that grease is lost flavor. On the griddle it just takes a bath in the shit.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It does everything your grill does plus more and more versatile. Anything you can cook on the grill you can do on this. Like an egg on your burger throw it on the griddle next to the burgers. Asparagus, potatoes, pancakes ect. You’re not really smoking with a grill. All that grease is lost flavor. On the griddle it just takes a bath in the shit.

giphy.gif

0517201615_HDR.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
At that point I’d just buy a real smoker ?‍♂️ The griddle is an alternative to all the accessories I need to use my Weber. I definitely like it as an addition to my grill but I think once I get it down it’ll be the replacement.

What's a real smoker at that point?

Pretty sure I could smoke pretty much anything in what I've got going

Reactions: sktchy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info