Food / Drink Bought my first Blackstone griddle-any advice?

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
OH FUCK ME! NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM IN 10 years of living here. Been about a week since I used it and pulled the cover off a little mouse jumped from underneath where the burners are and skidaddled. Fuck this I don’t do well with wildlife. Check your shit guys
was this in your garage?

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Walmart has them back in stock some good deals right now.

any thoughts on that proseries 2 burner? i might snag that

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Hard cover on sale....

Screenshot_20201118-193312.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
My birthday is Friday and Christmas is coming so I'm looking at Blackstones and electric smokers. I need to decide which one I will use more frequently. They're completely different cook appliances but both are attractive. The griddle can cook so many things well including smash burgers and the electric smoker makes smoking no brainer easy. Push a couple buttons, replace water and wood chips as needed and sit back with a beer while the smoker does the work. A lot less time spent maintaining the proper temp than an offset smoker.

Amy says where are you going to put it?

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
My birthday is Friday and Christmas is coming so I'm looking at Blackstones and electric smokers. I need to decide which one I will use more frequently. They're completely different cook appliances but both are attractive. The griddle can cook so many things well including smash burgers and the electric smoker makes smoking no brainer easy. Push a couple buttons, replace water and wood chips as needed and sit back with a beer while the smoker does the work. A lot less time spent maintaining the proper temp than an offset smoker.

Amy says where are you going to put it?

We have both and and use the Blackstone much more often. Do love the Masterbuilt electric smoker though.

Reactions: frank and Flyn

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
It’s a good thickness, retains heat very well and does not hot spot, heat is evenly dispersed.

I don't have a "good thickness" conversion chart or decoder ring - do you happen to know what the actual plate thickness is? I am asking not only about the areas you mention like hot spots or even dispersion, but more about being a heat sink that retains temperature when food is placed on it.

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Ok, interesting.

I have a colleague from Nebraska and his family had a store and diner in a small town. Was always talking about the food and the burgers. He was telling me about the flat top grill and when they eventually closed the place and moved it; said the cook top must have been nearly 1” thick. I was thinking about the heat retention of a piece of metal like that. Of course, it would take longer to heat up, but would also be interesting for how that retained heat could make some food cook differently.

I’d like to compare the commercial flat tops to the ones from Walmart. If the only difference is the thickness of the cooking plate, I would probably hack one of those and make my own cook top out of a thick chunk of commercial stainless. Just an idea anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info