Bought my first Blackstone griddle-any advice?

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Did you move? I didn't think they had palm trees in Lombard? *damn it, Shawn beat me too it lol*

Thanks for the heads up on that model. I would be more inclined to that model due to the lid. As well as the fact I don't need a biger version to cook for one. lol

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Anyone do a reverse sear on their steaks using the griddle at high temp? How does it compare to a high temp charcoal reverse sear

GTvert90

Reaction score
Might be a stupid question but these cook like a giant skillet or cast iron pan right?

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Might be a stupid question but these cook like a giant skillet or cast iron pan right?
I thought that at first but they really don’t. They’re much more different albeit similar characteristics.i haven’t used it long enough to give a valid opinion however I have been cooking on cast iron for years.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Anyone do a reverse sear on their steaks using the griddle at high temp? How does it compare to a high temp charcoal reverse sear
Yes. I've done a sous vide steak and then seared on the Blackstone at full blast to finish. I put some butter down on the Blackstone first, and then seared in the butter. Comes out fantastic. Wouldn't say it's better than the charcoal grill, just different. Worth trying.
pretty much

OP
Great White Drake

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Reaction score
With some freed up space on my deck it’s time I move this thing outta my garage finally. Got a hard cover from Cataumet. USA made and powder coated. 304 stainless nuts/bolts for the handle. It also hangs from the back when cooking acting as a wind/splash guard and clears the grease trap.

40DE7877-339D-434A-B5BA-EB9B6D537F86.jpeg

668B6157-29DE-4BF8-9557-E77276064855.jpeg

086C9BDA-D45A-46D8-A42F-36853AB10470.jpeg

frank

Donating Member
Reaction score
Best part of a having a lid on my pro is the having it as a splatter guard. Helps out a lot and I have used it when cooking, splash of some water while cooking burgers and close the lid helps steam them some.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom