Food / Drink Bought my first Blackstone griddle-any advice?

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
That’s the shit one that will get fucked up. You want this one:

• Love
Reactions: DEEZUZ

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Reactions: Z28Camaro

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Been looking at these recently since we're redoing our balcony this spring.

Looks like the 28" is on sale at Home Depot for a decent price, really tempted to grab one:

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Explain this to me…why make it thicker?
I think we kind of got into it a bit earlier in the thread. The simple answer is that more thermal mass will give better cooking performance up to a point where you need bigger burners or don’t have ability to control the heat consistently. They make “upgraded” griddle plates for Blackstones but I want to scrounge some stainless and make one with a base plate at least 3/8” thick.

Here’s one example of an improved one but it’s expensive for what you get. I’d weld some angle iron on the bottom of the factory pan before buying one of these. Only 3/16” thick.

DEEZUZ DEEZUZ you are handy enough, make your own griddle out of some stuff laying around.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
What rain cover do you recommend?
I have this, it's $99 and made by Blackstone. It has two hooks and hangs on the back. A positive is it can act as a grease guard if you have the griddle near your house.

1679622973996.png

But I see a hinged one when I search, maybe check that out too.

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
I have this, it's $99 and made by Blackstone. It has two hooks and hangs on the back. A positive is it can act as a grease guard if you have the griddle near your house.

View attachment 156463

But I see a hinged one when I search, maybe check that out too.
The Walmart one comes with that. I was thinking of a nylon protective type cover that goes over the whole thing.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Just ordered the 28” and should be arriving on Wednesday. Also bought the Blackstone 28” grill cover along with it.

Researching the best way to season it now, any tips are much appreciated!
Just like you would a cast iron pan. Get it hot and throw some crisco on it lol.

I don't think I really bothered doing much with mine other than throwing some oil down and putting it to work.

One thing I've found with the electric is the cooking tray is a little thinner than I'd like it to be and has warped some over a lot of use causing it to have some hot spots. I've just kinda figured out where they are and use them to my advantage but it could be irritating if your expecting it to heat evenly after a while.

Reactions: frank

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
The Walmart one comes with that. I was thinking of a nylon protective type cover that goes over the whole thing.
If you've got the 28, I've had this for about a year and it's done its job.

Outspark 28 Inch Griddle Cover-BBQ Accessories for Blackstone 28" Outdoor Flat Top Gas Griddle Grill and Other Similar 28in Griddle Cooking Station,Black,600D Water Proof Canvas https://a.co/d/jfVRzKk

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Wife bought me one of these. I have no idea what to do with it. I can grill burgers but other than that I'm not a good cook and picky AF for food. Don't do vegetables.
Feel like it's just going to take longer to cook than a grill without a cover?
Any ideas?
Cheese steaks, fajitas, all breakfast food….

• Love
Reactions: sktchy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info