Bought my first Blackstone griddle-any advice?

strtcar

Regular
Reaction score
Added this to the collection over the weekend, Pit Boss 5 Burner.

1631019527579.png

1631019545079.png

1631019560425.png

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm still waiting for a friend to give me hers. She just applied for a job as a line cook and, instead, they gave her control of an entire college food program. She's in charge of thousands of meals now so I doubt I will be seeing her soon.

Yaj Yak

Commander
Donating Member
Reaction score

Lead Pipe

See what happens Larry
Reaction score
My GF and her parent's got me the Camp Chef portable 4 burner griddle for Christmas. It seems to have better heat dispersion and wind protection than the blackstone plus it can be folded up and put into 2 carry cases. I'm hoping to put it together this week. I can't wait for the weather to break so I can make breakfast and try my hand at hibachi. I now have a propane grill, charcoal grill, pellet smoker and griddle. My outdoor cooking set up is complete.

1641826005125.png

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
Most likely going this week to finally get a Blackstone. I got some gift cards for XMas and I have one for Dicks Sporting Goods. They have the big one there with the lid for like $450. Work sent me extra bonus in a Amazon gift card. So I'll use that to get an accessory kit and cover for it.

Once I have that I'll sell my gas grill and replace that with a Kettle charcoal grill. I need to figure out how I want to setup my patio now. I have the Traeger, I'll have the Blackstone and then the kettle.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
Finally got mine. Convinced the wife to let me get it before spring because they are usually sold out everywhere by then. Picked it up at ACE and the box wouldn’t fit in any of my cars so I broke it down in the parking lot and put the individual pieces in my trunk lol. cannot wait to season this bitch

FC70B86D-B880-4679-9389-1D94AF51C8DA.jpeg

frank

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling home in Sunny Florida - Sarasota area
Finally got mine. Convinced the wife to let me get it before spring because they are usually sold out everywhere by then. Picked it up at ACE and the box wouldn’t fit in any of my cars so I broke it down in the parking lot and put the individual pieces in my trunk lol. cannot wait to season this bitch

View attachment 110675
Having a lid is such a game changer when cooking on a blackstone!

frank

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling home in Sunny Florida - Sarasota area
The wife is already talking about making freezer packs with all the pre cut and seasoned veggies and meat for making fajitas so all we have to do is grab a pack out of the freezer and slap it on the griddle.
We do the same with the pulled pork and carnitas from Costco, they are pre packaged, open them up and cook away. Also both help with the seasoning of the cooktop which is a bonus.

Top Bottom