• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

bought mikes shyt...

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Reaction score
ok guys i bought mike's (10secsomeday) former 1.95's and SDD is putting them in saturday...my question is what is your opinion on springs they offer me both 90lb and 105lb springs.....im probably going 105's but i think they may be comp cams springs and not crow cams.....but i dont wanna go 90lb because i dont feel like fukkin with my timing chain....whats your thoughts on this?

32vMonte

Car is broke
Reaction score
The higher the rate spring the better chain you need.....so 105's nedd the double roller or w/e. The 90's do too I believe. :dunno:

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
Not true, the 90's have a more aggressive rate. The 105's will be easier on the timing chain...and overall they are a better spring for the application.

I don't know if Comp fixed their QC issues yet though.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
The higher the rate spring the better chain you need.....so 105's nedd the double roller or w/e. The 90's do too I believe. :dunno:
i ran 105s on a stock timing chain without issue.

i dont know if comp cams fixed their spring issue yet either.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
thats a tough call with the comp cam springs being a problem, though i dont know if that has been fixed as said above

i love my 105s with my 1.85RRs, i can go to 6400 no problem, though not much power up there with rockers lol

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
105's risky with breaking, 90's risky with timing chain... Pick or cho-cho-choose.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well 105s breaking could be more damaging. A timing chain isn't a huge deal if it let's go. I ran 105s for almost 3 years without mine breaking and they were used when I bought them. How long till they fail?

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Well 105s breaking could be more damaging. A timing chain isn't a huge deal if it let's go. I ran 105s for almost 3 years without mine breaking and they were used when I bought them. How long till they fail?
It is random if at all. It started becoming a problem when they started manufacturing springs in Mexico IIRC.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well 5 years ago when I got mine maybe they weren't made in Mexico? There sitting in a junkyard somewhere....go get 'em :rofl:

Fish

Reaction score
Its probably been had by the SDD crew. They seem to get every god damn 3800 part and Dasfinc it into a profit. :rofl:

Fish

Reaction score
Yay? You are more secretive about your car then secret service is about obama. What does a stock spring comment even mean?

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
He's using my old roller rockers, stock springs are not ok for those, so that's not an option.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Panda has stock coil springs on his struts. He couldn't handle a lowered car.

32vMonte

Car is broke
Reaction score
Guess im wrong. Seems like everything I read said you need the double chain for the 105's or any higher spring rate valve springs. I thought it will stretch the chain, IDK

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
fwiw the bad 105's are gone...get a set of new ones from wbs/zzp and you'll be fine

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
No, you better be going to 6k+ mr. heavy :squint:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom