• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Bought Lumen G7S LED headlights for the charger

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
https://www.carid.com/lumen/g7s-led-conversion-kit-9005-hb3-mpn-9005hlc-g7s.html

They were pricey, but seem to be very high quality. 5 year warranty. For the life of me, I cant imagine why my $49k charger doesnt have HIDs standard. Those came with the radar cruise control package that I didnt want. So this is the alternative.

Anyone have any experience with these or Lumen brand LED headlights?

Capture_zpsewxld2ce.jpg

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Fucking stupid. All that extraneous bullshit and they don't even put HIDs on the thing factory.

Tell me about it. Plus my car has the block heater. Worthless shit. Im taking that out. No need for it. Should just unbolt and come out. If anything I can always pull the cord off and leave the heater in the hole. But it bothers me having it in there.

Got HIDs in my car. It's part of the Driver Convenience Group. $1100 option with blindspot and rear cross detection and universal garage door opener. :rofl:

My car: http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDZFJ7GH162806

mofuckin :werd:

interesting my drivers convenience was cheaper than yours??

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDZFJ8GH299883

maybe it has something to do with getting the automatic for 400 more than a manual? or that hid are included in the black out package?

the hid headlights are awesome on this car, the difference between this and my 2011 is night/day literally!

and the radar cruise, auto wipers, auto high beam, and forward collision is very cool.

Weird. Goes to show that HIDs are a $400 option they could option alone yet don't.

The HIDs are badass. I'll never buy a new car/truck without them.

agree about the hid, deal breaker on a new vehicle.

and why is the high stereo option 600 less on the charger than challenger?? does the charger have the big subs in the trunk?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
agree about the hid, deal breaker on a new vehicle.

and why is the high stereo option 600 less on the charger than challenger?? does the charger have the big subs in the trunk?

No idea. Just configured a Challenger with the Harmon and it's 1700 or whatever. And apparently the convenience group is now only 795 instead of 1195. :rofl:

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Those might not fit due to the dust cover on the back of the headlight housing.
I wanted to go LED on my Ram w/projectors but didnt feel like hacking up the dust covers.
So I went with HID's. Im pretty sure the Chargers have the same kind of dust cover.

The heat sync is reversible. There is a video in their website that shows how to change it to make more clearance. And there is a guy on the forums that uses them and he said the dust cover fits back on no problem. Here's hoping.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The heat sync is reversible. There is a video in their website that shows how to change it to make more clearance. And there is a guy on the forums that uses them and he said the dust cover fits back on no problem. Here's hoping.
Cool, hope it works out. If so I might be buying those, lol.
Do they require any kind of anti-flicker harness or special relays or just plug and play?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info