• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Bought Lumen G7S LED headlights for the charger

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
So the LEDs came in late this afternoon. Packaging was professional. Should be for the price. Installation was a huge pain in the weiner muscle. They came with a extra piece that was for anti flickering and a few other reasons.

So basically I had to jam that extra piece into the light enclosure around the projector, so the dust cover would go back in. The fitment was perfect, and after some finger wrestling, the covers fit back on and all was well.

The LEDs are a dead match to the LED fogs and the angel eyes around the light enclosure. This is how it should have came. The light output is much better, and the spread is perfect. I took a quick ride right before the storm came in, and both low and high beams are fantastic. There is no way you would be able to tell they are LED vs HID unless you were in the garage when I turned them on, and you wouldnt hear that ear piercing squeal from a ballast box. My challenger had the HIDs, and when I would unlock it I could hear the ballasts crying...

The pics are not good. They do not represent what I see in person. In person all the lights match perfectly. The price of the bulbs was a little steep, so I hope the quality is as good as they say. 5 year warranty too. I fully expect to not have to change them ever.

See the pics below.

3545B8B3-680E-4A45-BEAC-6AE0D8125BBC_zpsainjukbz.jpg

E7234961-8353-4911-80C4-5FB12B16CCA6_zpsi4rebnh0.jpg

58CB3739-3346-411E-98F3-183BF33FA948_zpsnkef8w11.jpg

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
It's tough to see cutoff in those pictures but they look nice. The nice thing about projector housings is that you can run these kits with really no concern about glare.

How much were these? You keep mentioning price but I don't see it listed.

$145 shipped to my door. The HID kit I was looking at was $187. But yeah if they werent projectors, I wouldnt have changed to the LED.

The cut off is perfect. Its right at hood level, and its a straight line. The brights look great too. Im happy.

First mod in the books. Again, no idea why they didnt do this oem...

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I already ponied up the $5k extra for the daytona package....

Right, you ponied up for a package without HIDs, and didn't get HIDs. That's generally how it works.

It's hard to believe you can spend that much on a vehicle and not get HIDs these days, but I'd imagine they did it so buyers would say, "oh, I need that package with all that other crap too, just because I can't get a new car without HIDs, I mean who wants to spend $50k on a car without HIDs?" BMW used to drive me crazy with that shit (bundling a "need" up with a bunch of other crap).

Looks good with the new lights though, ended up being a relatively easy/cheap fix, so at least there's that.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Right, you ponied up for a package without HIDs, and didn't get HIDs. That's generally how it works.

It's hard to believe you can spend that much on a vehicle and not get HIDs these days, but I'd imagine they did it so buyers would say, "oh, I need that package with all that other crap too, just because I can't get a new car without HIDs, I mean who wants to spend $50k on a car without HIDs?"

Thats my point. And another point is Dodge is not consistent with this. On the regular scat, you get hids if you get the appearance package. But if you dont, then you have to get the convenience package. And with the daytona, its a different package. They are all over the board on this. Not sure why its still an option at this level.

Plus if you get the HID package on my car, you lose the clean front end look and they add that giant black mole to the front under the bumper for the radar cruise. Heres a video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XayX-zwBh3Q&t=408s

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Thats my point. And another point is Dodge is not consistent with this. On the regular scat, you get hids if you get the appearance package. But if you dont, then you have to get the convenience package. And with the daytona, its a different package. They are all over the board on this. Not sure why its still an option at this level.

Plus if you get the HID package on my car, you lose the clean front end look and they add that giant black mole to the front under the bumper for the radar cruise. Heres a video about it.

That's ridiculous, I didn't realize they were so wildly inconsistent across the line. That's weird. And yeah fuck that radar mole for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info