3800 bought another car

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I picked up a 92 chevy corsica the other day from the guy I work with. I love it, because I and get it dirty, hit potholes, get a door ding, not get pulled over for tint, and I dont care. The GTP is sitting in the garage looking all clean and pretty. It has about 150,000 miles on it but the car runs excellent with a couple minor problems like needing struts, that i probably will not fix, because it a beater car. The guy that had it before me did a quick single stage white paint job on it because the paint was falling off it like all the older gm's do. Over all it is a good car to drive to work and be my beater car. I get a pic of it tomorrow or something.

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
i used to have a white 92 corsica as well... they're fun to beat the living hell out of!!!
i blew the tranny on my corisica and just was ending my summer job as a carpenter (tranny finally blew it's last shot on the drive home of my last day) and i went out and bought the GT a couple weeks later.

have fun with the destruction

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
I loved working on those cars. The only problem that you will have probably soon on that car with that mileage is the injectors. The Intake manifold design kind of chokes the injectors. But put some 3800 injectors and you'll be good for a long long time. I put 228k on a 2.8 beretta, it was sort of quick nice lil beater but the suspension was too stiff for my taste.... Good luck with the car.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
i found a broken sway bar endlink and the total cost of repair was under 5 bucks :lolsign: . No more clunking and the suspension on the corsica makes less noise then the prix. Also tossed in a cd player that i had laying around because the radio was FTL. Crappy signal pickup and there is not really any good stations.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info