3800 Bought a new car........

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
I got me a 99 Ford Taurus woot woot......... Now I have a winter beater and a car to use if mine breaks like it did lol

Good:
alloy wheels
leather seats
6-disc cd changer
3.0 24v dohc
runs good and isnt all beat up

The eh:
130,000 miles

Bad:
Needed a a new tire but i got a pretty much brand new conti for 35$ mounted and balanced.
Passenger side mirror broke where it mounts to the car, but the mirror itsself is fine. gonna check and see if i can jsut get the plastic piece to replace.

I got it for 2,000 and edmunds says i shoulda paid 3,200 so im happy

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
o god, you got hosed. Dealers practically giving away Taurus's. My dad is picking up a 02 Taurus with 80K for $1200 next week, nothing wrong with it. I drove a 97 Taurus only to work in the winter from Schaumburg to Evanston everyday, it ran flawlessly and only got me stranded once. The pulley snaped off the belt tensioner, nice Ford.

At least yours has the better motor, time togo pick on some Civics and Cavailers.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
That's a good price for that car. An 02 probably has the 3.0 Vulcan and I still doubt it's $1200 unless it came off a fleet. Even if it is $1200, market value is obviously higher.
[/b]

...exactly. if your dad hadnt been the owner of a body shop and knew people in the car business, then he would have paid a lot more. dealer retail on this one is 3200 according to edmunds

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info