• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Bought a new car........

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
I got me a 99 Ford Taurus woot woot......... Now I have a winter beater and a car to use if mine breaks like it did lol

Good:
alloy wheels
leather seats
6-disc cd changer
3.0 24v dohc
runs good and isnt all beat up

The eh:
130,000 miles

Bad:
Needed a a new tire but i got a pretty much brand new conti for 35$ mounted and balanced.
Passenger side mirror broke where it mounts to the car, but the mirror itsself is fine. gonna check and see if i can jsut get the plastic piece to replace.

I got it for 2,000 and edmunds says i shoulda paid 3,200 so im happy

PANDA

Reaction score
o god, you got hosed. Dealers practically giving away Taurus's. My dad is picking up a 02 Taurus with 80K for $1200 next week, nothing wrong with it. I drove a 97 Taurus only to work in the winter from Schaumburg to Evanston everyday, it ran flawlessly and only got me stranded once. The pulley snaped off the belt tensioner, nice Ford.

At least yours has the better motor, time togo pick on some Civics and Cavailers.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
That's a good price for that car. An 02 probably has the 3.0 Vulcan and I still doubt it's $1200 unless it came off a fleet. Even if it is $1200, market value is obviously higher.

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
That's a good price for that car. An 02 probably has the 3.0 Vulcan and I still doubt it's $1200 unless it came off a fleet. Even if it is $1200, market value is obviously higher.
[/b]

...exactly. if your dad hadnt been the owner of a body shop and knew people in the car business, then he would have paid a lot more. dealer retail on this one is 3200 according to edmunds

Bk4293

Reaction score
[/b]
Wouldn't a 24v DOHC be the Duratec?

Does the intake manifold look something like this one...
?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom