🔧 BUILD Bought a dream car - JackS Snags C8 Corvette

General Information

Earlier this week I had an opportunity to buy a 2020 Corvette. It's not loaded or anything but compared to any cars in my past, it's a fucking rocket ship. I know it's not the fastest car but it's the craziest car I've ever owned by a long shot. It still doesn't feel real.

First will be tints and that'll probably be it for this summer, maybe powder coat the wheels. Eventually I'd like to lower it and put some exhaust on there.

I've had fun cars in the past but nothing I could really just get into and take whenever or wherever I wanted.

These are the only pictures I've got so far

20210616_195414.jpeg

20210616_202929.jpeg

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
The car continues to impress. I filled the car up Wednesday night and today drove it to road America. It had a few trips around the neighborhood showing it to a couple buddies on it before we took off today. This wasn't some cruise set at 65 in the right lane driving either. Hit a new top speed on the way there and traffic on the way home was ass so speeds were not consistent View attachment 92529
Congrats on the Vette! This is the first year in a LONG time I missed IndyCar at Road America. I'm sad about that, lol!

Reactions: JackS

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I'm sure I'll get some shit but I'm leaning black. 99% of the car is black already so it'd complete a murdered look real easy. I'm going to wait a year or two for an aftermarket set that I'd get in a different color
Bronze wheels would look sickkkkkkkkkkkkkckckckckck on a black vette with tinted windows. JS

Congrats! Such a badass car

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Hahah thank you. There was a factory bronze color I think. I'll see if I can find a picture
Mook Mook had his wheels powder coated the perfect bronze color for a black car. I’m jealous because my wheels are much darker. IMO you should PC your wheels the same color as his then I will hate you ?.

Reactions: JackS and Mook

JackS

Regular
Mar 17, 2013
Arlington Heights
Mook Mook had his wheels powder coated the perfect bronze color for a black car. I’m jealous because my wheels are much darker. IMO you should PC your wheels the same color as his then I will hate you [emoji23].
I was leaning black on the stocks but you guys are kinda getting on my head about bronze. Might have to check out some samples damnit

Reactions: Lead Pipe

JackS

Regular
Mar 17, 2013
Arlington Heights
I was able to get the car cleaned up before I put it away for the winter. I took the car to Auto Image in Barrington for tint, xpel film, and ceramic coating. The car came out better than I could have expected. I went with 55% IR film on the windshield and 15% ceramic on the doors. It's PERFECT. Fairly dark but not so bad that I have to hesitate if I'm driving spirited.
20211126_160218.jpeg
20211126_160233.jpeg
20211126_160255.jpeg

JackS

Regular
Mar 17, 2013
Arlington Heights
Finally got around to getting an exhaust on the car. Went with the Corsa Xtreme and their black out heat protection so you don't see all that silver once the GIANT stock muffler is removed. Basically a muffler delete. I really like how it sounds, pretty loud but not neighbor call the cops loud if I keep my foot out of it. But best of all it got rid of those terrible square tips
IMG_6436.jpeg
IMG_6438.jpeg
IMG_6439.jpeg

Thread Info