• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

bought a chevy blazer

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
I picked up a 2000 chevy blazer awd 2 door. Previous owner just replaced the fuel pump that went out on him. Right now it seems that the head gasket is blown because the oil looks like chocolate milk. Are there any other maintenance shenanigans i should know about with these trucks? I plan on taking this truck for a 3 hour road trip in a month.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
Nope im used to breaking down on the road and being towed. :wink:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
if the oil looks like chocolate milk you're going to wash out the bearings really quick. chances are it's only a lower intake leak anyway

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Reaction score
Its cheap enough nd pretty easy to just regasket the whole thing. Especially if you plan on keeping it

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
Well i was going to send it into the shop. Is it that easy to replace in my garage? I already have the head gaskets.

G_T_P

Reaction score
Intake gaskets go, and fuel pumps, also the way it distributes fuel it's like a spider almost that has gone bad on mine and my dads. My dads blazer had 2 or 3 fuel pumps put in it. Bought the truck brand new and in 700 miles it needed a new one. Other than that they were pretty good trucks.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
What G_T_P said. My brother's S10 went through 1 or 2 IIRC in the few years we had it. Stupid spider system that they have for sure.

I'd also check the LIM gasket as well. Ours went bad, but caught it right after we bought it and had it replaced. Trying to think what else we replaced on that truck, nothing really big other than maintenance.. Put a new master in it as well, didn't think that was really normal.

Slow Buick

eat ass drive fast
Reaction score
Sometimes the vent in the distributor gets clogged and you can get a random misfire

Had that happen twice on our astro.

C.Evans

Reaction score
My vote would be the lower intake gaskets are leaking coolant internally. I've fixed numerous 4.3's with this issue. The plastic gaskets give out after so many heat cycles.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the info gents. Nothing like cv points or axle BS i need to worry about? Ill be doing general maintenance and TLC as i go, anyway.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
Got word from the shop today, the engine is done. Looking the oil its clear the bearings would be fucked. 3300 to replace the engine....anyone want to buy the car for cheap? lol

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
if your serious about sell it, let me know.

otherwise i can call my used engine suppliers to see whats avalible and get you a price on replacement.

Frank Dukes

Reaction score
ouch. you can buy whole chevy blazers for 3300. sorry to hear that.. second opinion might be a good idea?

edit: goodfellas to the rescue!

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
Well its a family friends so i know this guy (shouldnt i hope) aint BSing me. They knew their shit on chevy and ford too. I just want a damn daily to get around in i really dont need extra car drama :snooppalm:

daturbosix ill PM you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom