Bored so..........Exhaust vid of the T/A

tspence45

Reaction score
I find myself watching this video a lot this winter, since I keep forgetting what the car sounds like, and it's nice to hear it run, since the LS1 is in pieces right now, and on it's way out of the car, to make way for the new 6.0. Should have a little chop to the idle, and some more balls, come Spring. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P035w6zpw1g

Oh, and the reason for the new motor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBlUSUXUaVw

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
sounds good (in the first vid, haha)

sounds like it'll sound even better once youre done w/ it :bigthumb:

OP
T

tspence45

Reaction score
sounds good (in the first vid, haha)

sounds like it'll sound even better once youre done w/ it :bigthumb:
haha. Thanks. Should sound even better and probably scare me for a little bit. So far, this is the most powerful car I've owned, and I probably haven't even hit 350rwhp. The new 6.0 will have L92 heads, LS3 intake, and a pretty healthy cam. Shooting for high 400's at the wheels.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
Sounds like a bent pushrod? You're going to put a whole new motor in there for that?

OP
T

tspence45

Reaction score
Definately not a bent pushrod. They all looked good. I was hoping it was just valvetrain, but everything checked out just fine. And yep [email protected], I'm doing it all myself, with the help of some buddies of mine.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
Which 6.0 are you putting in there?

OP
T

tspence45

Reaction score
It's an LQ4. And yeah, I know I live far away to be on a chicago forum. But, I started out on ILGPC, which was just a broad IL Grand Prix club, even though most were from the Chicago area.

RebelTJ

Coyote Bus Lines
Reaction score
It's an LQ4. And yeah, I know I live far away to be on a chicago forum. But, I started out on ILGPC, which was just a broad IL Grand Prix club, even though most were from the Chicago area.
TCG Owns ILGPC... you can login with your old username, which it looks like you did...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That knock sounded very interesting. Doesn't sound at all like a bearing...

Flat lifter? Bent pushrod? Something oil related for sure, as you can see the oil pressure bouncing to the sound...

ODD.

OP
T

tspence45

Reaction score
Yeah. I honestly couldn't tell you exactly what the problem is. I just prepared for the worst, and decided to do the motor swap, because I found a hell of a deal on the new motor, and it's winter. So, the car's sitting anyways. Might as well have fun, and do the build I want to do. If it turns out to be not so serious, I'll sell it for more that I would, or find an S-10 to put it in over the summer or next winter maybe. But, something tells me I'm not that lucky. The video doesn't really give you a feel for how loud it really is. The car's very loud, and my buddy's truck is loud, and he could hear the knock over everything, loud and clear, with his windows up, when he followed me home the night it started. All I know, is that it ran a little low on oil, and started a slight tick. Then, the knock started a few days later. And the oil pressure gauge doesn't go with the sound. It just does that at idle, and a steady speed on the road, whenever it's warm. I was thinking it may just be the sending unit. But, now, I'm thinking maybe the pump went bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom