Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Anyone else playing this? I'm probably 5 or 6 hours in and its incredibly underwhelming. It feels like its trying to just be an updated BL2 and its failing. The story is garbage. The voice acting feels like no one gave a shit, lacking total personality. The new voice actor for claptrap is trying his best but he just sucks....the new villains are lame....the gameplay is fine but its just feels recycled. Maybe things will pick up the further I move away from the beginning content.

But so far, it feels like a weaker version of BL2.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You'd say you love it even if you hate it ?

I guess I shouldn't say the game is bad, because its not (aside from the menus being slow and clunky) but it doesnt feel like a game that had 5 years of development time...or however long the gap between 2 and 3 was.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
:dunno:

The loot is awesome. the new engine is awesome. sliding and mantling hard to reach spots is awesome. every single type of gun does damage. (grenades and RL did fuck all in BL1) Assault rifles did fuck all in BL2/TPS.

The easter eggs, hints, shoutouts to prior BLs and stuff in general always brings the LULZ.

The fact that you dont have to manually pick up ammo from the boxes anymore. Money buys bigger backpacks and ammo capacities. Eridium is just for stupid cosmetics.

I couldnt tell you the amount of times I had $900 million + dollars in prior BLs... which did NOTHING.

The guns actually feel "real" in your hands.. not just an animated image shooting on your screen.

Maybe try playing in a group? its a lot of fun when you are playing with 3 others that know what they are doing.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ive been playing with a buddy....nothing feels evolutionary to me. I absolutely agree with some of your points (auto grabbing ammo for example) but I dunno...its all very been there done that.

Money being used to upgrade guns and backpacks is probably the best addition so far. It was so ridiculous how you had to use eridium in BL2, as you said.

Guns are super unimpressive for now but I suspect thats still being early in the game. We just got to Atlas last night and have been going through some side grinding.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
oh.. and the BIGGEST quality of life improvement... Scaling the enemies to YOUR level regardless of your teammates.... If my teammate is level 30 and Im level 5. I will see level 5 enemies.. he will see level 30. The level 30 enemies will only do level 5 damage to me and vice versa.

No more trying to level up, or wait for your friend to level up, to have an even playing field. Something BL2 missed. If you and your squad WERE 2 levels apart... The lower levels were VASTLY underpowered and it wasnt fun. (plus you can share loot now)

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Been playing BL3 with the wife on split screen on a regular old ps4. In single player the menus lag a little bit but split screen on a regular PS4 it will freeze for seconds at a time. It’s terrible but We have a rule not to go into menus while someone is in combat. I put in a ticket with gearbox and got a response that they are aware and working on the menus and the tiny font while in split screen mode as well. Let’s hope it gets fixed soon! Other than that it’s fun as hell. I like not sharing loot too we trade back and forth.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
oh.. and the BIGGEST quality of life improvement... Scaling the enemies to YOUR level regardless of your teammates.... If my teammate is level 30 and Im level 5. I will see level 5 enemies.. he will see level 30. The level 30 enemies will only do level 5 damage to me and vice versa.

No more trying to level up, or wait for your friend to level up, to have an even playing field. Something BL2 missed. If you and your squad WERE 2 levels apart... The lower levels were VASTLY underpowered and it wasnt fun. (plus you can share loot now)

You're not playing on competitive?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info