🔧 BUILD Boostie’s 1987 Notchback

General Information

I will hop on board in the build section here as I have been a member of TCG and big follower of sloppy on FB over the years.

Quick run down of my turd that I built completely out of my garage.

Basic SS2 don’t bs me style build for the engine on E85
Shiny Borg turbo
Th400 with PTC converter
Holley Terminator setup with 7” dash
Bunch of Low Dollar sensors and SEP injectors
On board air setup for boost control/airing tires
Lots of fancy un-needed suspension

Just got the car running recently but looking forward to this coming year. So far I’ve been doing the tuning on my own but may throw it on the dyno eventually

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_8256.jpg

IMG_8641.jpg

IMG_8620.jpg

IMG_8186.jpg

Quick clip when I was first setting up the simple stage

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Been slowly working up on a YouTube channel and have been focusing on a lot of walk throughs for holley tuning and setup. I have an CAN expansion module being delivered today and a few plans for the car over the winter. If you are into that kind of thing give my channel a follow! Ill slowly be uploading more racing videos, how to's and whatever other stuff I decide on.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Been slowly working up on a YouTube channel and have been focusing on a lot of walk throughs for holley tuning and setup. I have an CAN expansion module being delivered today and a few plans for the car over the winter. If you are into that kind of thing give my channel a follow! Ill slowly be uploading more racing videos, how to's and whatever other stuff I decide on.

In for seeing what you do with the CAN expansion module. I have one also, but haven't done anything with it yet.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Reactions: PJx5x

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Which one did you go with? I ordered the one from https://swap-smart.com/product/holley-boostsmart-io/ because P PJx5x pressured me. I have maxed out all 8 io's in my ecu. I plan on adding a driveshaft sensor, shock travel sensor, coolant pressure and whatever else I get bored and come up with. More data the better imo
I have the one from Holley. I've had it on my shelf for probably 2 years now. I didn't know there were other options.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
I have the one from Holley. I've had it on my shelf for probably 2 years now. I didn't know there were other options.

That one is probably a little more straight forward since its made by holley. Since we are engineers by trade I wanted to go odd the beaten path and give a smaller company a shot and see how this other one works. I plan to document it for others who may want to use it. With the harness kits it was about $200 less than the holley kit which is quite a bit and will help pay for the sensors I want to add

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Nice, I have been following your sharing of how-to videos on FB. I definitely want to program in the shift lite setup you use as I don't have one.
IF you have any questions feel free to reach out. I know a lot of the oddball stuff is hard to find info on so I have done a lot of trial and error to get working. I have watched plenty of others videos for various stuff so I feel like this is my way of paying it forward to help others.

Reactions: Rent Free

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
More parts comming in, at this point a percent of each paycheck of mine goes to P PJx5x.

Got married and the car made an appearance at the venue.

IMG_1970.jpg

Upgrading from my tired 5.3 to a fresh 5.3 [emoji28] Will keep the old one as a backup since it’s strong and never skipped a beat.

IMG_1966.jpg

Going from holley terminator to dominator. This should take my tuning abilities to a new level and collect way more data.

IMG_1968.jpg

New sfi bellhousing along with other safety equipment to meet nhra rules

IMG_1967.jpg

Thread Info