🔧 BUILD Boostie’s 1987 Notchback

General Information

I will hop on board in the build section here as I have been a member of TCG and big follower of sloppy on FB over the years.

Quick run down of my turd that I built completely out of my garage.

Basic SS2 don’t bs me style build for the engine on E85
Shiny Borg turbo
Th400 with PTC converter
Holley Terminator setup with 7” dash
Bunch of Low Dollar sensors and SEP injectors
On board air setup for boost control/airing tires
Lots of fancy un-needed suspension

Just got the car running recently but looking forward to this coming year. So far I’ve been doing the tuning on my own but may throw it on the dyno eventually

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_8256.jpg

IMG_8641.jpg

IMG_8620.jpg

IMG_8186.jpg

Quick clip when I was first setting up the simple stage

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Stressful weekend, updated the ECU to V6 build 300 & the firmware on the 3.5 & 7” dashes. Started the car with the dominator and everything so far seems kosher

IMG_3988.jpg

Also one of my biggest pet peeves has been how the hids in the stock housings just scatter light. Took them apart and retrofitted some bixenon projectors in

03F6A0BD-B486-4E68-BB0F-6CC294A3148C.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Went from wanting to light the car on fire to having a super productive weekend.

1: the projectors apparently are too hot for the cheap American (China) muscle lenses and one distorted. Ordered new ones and said f it for now

IMG_4175.jpg

2: my jegs electric water pump decided it wanted to start leaking. They don’t sell replacement motors so $700 later we have a meizure that does not leak and is serviceable

IMG_4116.jpg

3: I’ve always hated having to have help when getting out of the water box. I like to pull a couple inches out of the water before doing my burnout. Half the time people aren’t paying attention. A crafty mounted reverse cam fixed that

IMG_4228.jpg

5: finally got around to installing my driveshaft speed sensor.

IMG_4241.jpg

June is going to come quick but hoping to get the cage cert done asap and get my nhra license passes done

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
That camera setup is awesome. I was thinking about putting a cheap aftermarket backup camera on my car also because I also don't like needing help in the burnout box or with staging.

$10 on amazon and has built in white LED lights which work great in the dark. I did not want infared so this was perfect. For the price I have zero complaints. https://amzn.to/42be11b

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
$10 on amazon and has built in white LED lights which work great in the dark. I did not want infared so this was perfect. For the price I have zero complaints. https://amzn.to/42be11b
See if you can record while making a pass, looks like a great shot to see the shock compression/extension and tire as well.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
See if you can record while making a pass, looks like a great shot to see the shock compression/extension and tire as well.
You and I think alike! I can set a go pro to record the screen in car but have already started looking into what kind of 12v AV input recorders are out there. Id like to put shock travel sensors on the car so that data would probably be more helpful down the road. I am a huge fan of data so the more I can collect the better

Reactions: 01bluesnake

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Got my cage cert finally done. Legal to 8.50

IMG_4304.jpg

P PJx5x made me a badass trailer hitch. I owe him my life

IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4347.jpg

IMG_4356.jpg

IMG_4373.jpg

I
IMG_4394.jpg

Took the car to gld and had a less than great experience. Had some tube related stuff to work through and ended up blowing a coupler off that I wasn’t able to fix at the track. Will be heading back soon

7A2D4B41-BC12-43FD-BC25-FE1B3D9C807D.jpg

IMG_4386.jpg

The car as of now waiting on a bead roller

IMG_4389.jpg

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
At least it's only a pretty minor set back. Better than doing something horrid to the engine.
That's what I keep telling myself. I am still nervous with the new engine as everything is fresh and sounds different but first oil change looked good and it saw some boost yesterday issue free. Through problems you rebuild stronger and better!

Thread Info