🔧 BUILD Boostie’s 1987 Notchback

General Information

I will hop on board in the build section here as I have been a member of TCG and big follower of sloppy on FB over the years.

Quick run down of my turd that I built completely out of my garage.

Basic SS2 don’t bs me style build for the engine on E85
Shiny Borg turbo
Th400 with PTC converter
Holley Terminator setup with 7” dash
Bunch of Low Dollar sensors and SEP injectors
On board air setup for boost control/airing tires
Lots of fancy un-needed suspension

Just got the car running recently but looking forward to this coming year. So far I’ve been doing the tuning on my own but may throw it on the dyno eventually

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_8256.jpg

IMG_8641.jpg

IMG_8620.jpg

IMG_8186.jpg

Quick clip when I was first setting up the simple stage

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Install video is live!

Also started swapping the last accessories to the new motor. Hopefully this weekend I can get everything installed and get oil pressure!

Front cover off on old sbe engine. This thing has been a workhorse and never skipped a beat! Will be holding onto it as a backup

IMG_2215.jpg

New = left old = right

IMG_2220.jpg

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
What is the new engine combo again? Partswise?

The new one is still a 5.3 but completely fresh with new bearings, cam, valvetrain and 243 heads

How long did it take you to cut off the old bell housing? I wasn't brave or patient enough to do mine. I ended up paying a local shop to install my QuickTime housing.

Start to finish was about an hour or so. Way easier than I expected, P PJx5x convinced me to do it

Nice work on your video Mike

Thanks man!

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Next on my forever list is to swap from the terminator ecu to dominator. This will unlock a bunch of new ecu parameters and stuff I can datalog. This will include a driveshaft sensor, coolant pressure, trans temperature, oil temperature and whatever other misc things to log. I was able to copy a 8.8 driveshaft bracket that P PJx5x had so I anticipate the install going east. Also swapping to a SFI steering wheel quick release and putting a removable window net on the car. You know, just normal street car stuff [emoji28]

IMG_2794.jpg

Thread Info