🔧 BUILD Boostie's Dust Collecting Unicorn.... 04 Cobra

General Information

Figured I would share with you guys my build so far. This car has brought me through hell and back and slowly getting it to my liking. Originally the car had a lot of weird and show type stuff like air ride and Tv's about everywhere you could look and was lacking in power. I have removed a LOT and changed+ added quite a bit. Wanted to build this car as a quick street car so performance wise I am pretty much done. Still need some suspension tweeking and minor details changed.

Quick rundown

04 Black Coupe

Power adder is a 2.3 Whipple
JLT High boost intake
RR pullies on all idlers/blower/accessories
Metco lower
Metco Alt pulley
RR Manual tensioner

Return fuel system
Division X fuel hat
Dual walbro pumps
80lb injectors
Magnafuel regulator

Exhaust
Bassani Mid length headers
Bassani Catted X Pipe
Basanni Cat Back exhaust

Cooling
Gords performance heat exchanger
Dual spal fans
Fluadyne radiator
Head Cooling mod

Suspension:
Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix subframe system
Steeda IRS subframe reinforcing bracket
Kenny brown brake cooling kit
Kenny Brown urethane IRS rear differential bushings
Steeda IRS urethane subframe bushings
Steeda urethane rear IRS control arm bushings
Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates
Maximum Motorsports front coil over kit
Maximum Motorsports tubular K-member
Powerslot rotors

Exterior mods:
18" True Forged Mach 5 wheels
Black Svt Trunk Badge
UPR stainless steel bumper inserts in polished finish
Carbon Fiber Stock Style Hood
Tinted Tail Lights
Clear Reflector Headlights
UPR Windshield wiper deletes
Hand polished IRS tails
30% tint
Painted fuel tank cover
Stainless tank straps

Interior:
Corbeau Forza Seats
Custom Rear seat Delete
Autometer lunar gauges
AEM wideband
SOS dual gauge pod
Autometer steering pod

Audio:
Alpine Headunit
Boston Acoustics speakers
JL amps and sub
Custom false wall for the sub and false floor for the amps
Trunk mat with "SVT" text

Bling:
P Fab polished Intercooler tank
Polished Coolant tank
Polished Power steering reservoir
Chrome Ford Racing Coil Covers
Powdercoated Gloss Black Valve covers
Powercoated Gloss Black Accessory Cover
Gloss black aluminum radiator shroud
Hood strut kit

IMG_7573.jpg

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Couple more sets of wheels added to the collection. Might be grabbing some 18” AFS cobra wheels this week too [emoji28]

Ford racing fr500’s in 18”

IMG_6351.jpg

IMG_7536.jpg

18” CCW SP500’s which have been a bucket list wheel for 10 years.

IMG_7573.jpg

IMG_7619.jpg

Considering dumping a few sets of wheels soon but I kinda like them all lol

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Both the FR500s and CCWs are damn hot on these cars....

You keeping the FR500s or selling those?
I probably will sell the fr's and the Boze forged wheels I have. The rovos I am on the fence with as I love the look and my welds I dont think I will ever part with. Kinda getting tired of having sets of wheels tucked away everywhere tho

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I probably will sell the fr's and the Boze forged wheels I have. The rovos I am on the fence with as I love the look and my welds I dont think I will ever part with. Kinda getting tired of having sets of wheels tucked away everywhere tho

Give me a heads up when you do and what you want for them. I might take them off your hands just to have an extra set of wheels. Those real Ford FR500s give me a funny feeling in the pants as it is. :love:

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

I like the ones u sold last year or two years ago the ones that were deep dish and looked like CCW classics all black. The BOZE forge are the ones that you got when you bought the car? I also like the rovos on your car. Hands down one of the best looking wheel today on a cobra is still the 03-04 chrome AFS 18s.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Sell all the wheels except the CCWs buy more go fast parts.

No brainer to me LOL!!

There is a 3.8 whipple available for these now. :io:

Lmao my little 2.3 has been a trooper, but some of the new gen whipple stuff seems to be making a lot of steam! I have been going back and fourth on retuning the car for E but for how little I drive the car I am unsure it if would be worth it

Give me a heads up when you do and what you want for them. I might take them off your hands just to have an extra set of wheels. Those real Ford FR500s give me a funny feeling in the pants as it is. :love:

I will! I am thinking within the next week or so posting some stuff, I have way too many wheels and tires laying around.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
I like the ones u sold last year or two years ago the ones that were deep dish and looked like CCW classics all black. The BOZE forge are the ones that you got when you bought the car? I also like the rovos on your car. Hands down one of the best looking wheel today on a cobra is still the 03-04 chrome AFS 18s.
Those were the Whistler SK1 wheels. I really enjoyed the look, but they didnt clear the brembo calipers and required big spacers

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
What did your car come with when u bought it I don’t recall.

When I first bought it, the car had black chrome Saleen wheels, but I think you may be thinking of one of my original sets were 19" I-Forged Aero wheels
donk_zpsb56c4b7f.jpg

I didnt like the donk look and about 5 sets later I got 18" True forged mach 5's which are very similar

IMG_9947_zps5f9de45d.jpg

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Send me text if u want to get rid of the ROVOS for some reason the black centers make my car look even older not sure if it’s the blue color and my car came with the ford GT réplicas black center and polished clear coated center and they didn’t stand out like all chrome. Either all black or all chrome for mine.

Reactions: Boostie

Thread Info