• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Boost/Vac leak test

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
air to air intercooler? get a piece of pvc that will fit into your charge pipe right off the turbo, put a cap on it and drill a hole in the end of the cap, put a tire valve steam in that hole, clamp it into the charge pipe and use a tire fill chuck like your filling a tire to put pressure into the system, then listen and feel for air leaking out from the charge pipes and intake also check the wastegate to make sure its not stuck open

Fast335i

Sep 10, 2014
air to air intercooler? get a piece of pvc that will fit into your charge pipe right off the turbo, put a cap on it and drill a hole in the end of the cap, put a tire valve steam in that hole, clamp it into the charge pipe and use a tire fill chuck like your filling a tire to put pressure into the system, then listen and feel for air leaking out from the charge pipes and intake also check the wastegate to make sure its not stuck open

C9al city? Hope you didn't get hit. My family lives right in goose lake luckily....cousins house got hit in the tornado though

I'm not the greatest DIY guy which is why I'm looking to see if anyone works at a shop that can do this....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• F
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list