Geriatric fucks vs Millennials: Facts, Insults, Charts, Memes and More

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
The fuck is the deal with the grass clippings anyway, I always think about that as I run them over on my bike, like damn these dudes must be riding hard as hell for those to be slick

Can't be riding that hard. They have 15* of lean angle before their chrome pipes are scraping :mamoru:

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
As a Gen X, I can see his point (born in the 1970s, HS in the 80s, College in the 90s)

Fxxx this guy, sounds like he grew up in bugfuggle somewhere-tucky. I'm a Gen Xer and I don't agree with his examples.

That said I don't miss those days at all, we had limited selections of everything, from TV shows to clothes. TV/cable content now is so much better that you can't place a number on it, 10,000% sounds crazy. I can buy so many more cool things now too.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So excited I am getting a new garbage can and a larger recycle can after 16 years. I was procrastinating calling garbage disposal company to replace a cracked can but now a wheel came off the other, had to call.

Boomer excitement.
Your cost or theirs?

I need a new garbage can because the collector keeps beating the shit out of mine. To go with the collector's branded one used to be around $100. yeah, I already have to pay your for pickup, and stupid fucking sTickErz to haul away yard debris.... so, um, GFY?

IMG_5286.jpg
IMG_5287.jpg

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Your cost or theirs?

I need a new garbage can because the collector keeps beating the shit out of mine. To go with the collector's branded one used to be around $100. yeah, I already have to pay your for pickup, and stupid fucking sTickErz to haul away yard debris.... so, um, GFY?

IMG_5286.jpg
IMG_5287.jpg
Their cost. I didn’t know that you can have as many recycle cans as you want for the same cost with this company. My neighbor has three recycle cans.

Boomer talk.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Their cost. I didn’t know that you can have as many recycle cans as you want for the same cost with this company. My neighbor has three recycle cans.

Boomer talk.
For here, doesn't matter. Recycle gets tossed in with the garbage a lot of times. Some "karen", who I have to give a lot of respect to, saw the garbage truck grab the recycle cans. Started calling around and eventually got some answers from the village. IIRC there was some issue with capacity at the recycle plant so they are just duping the recycle in the garbage. Wait, why are we separating shit then? It enraged a LOT of people. Village said they can't do anything until the contract expires. Yeah, so you can give them another contract to line your pockets and we get stuck with increased fees.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I try to be good with recycling but I’ve seen too many stories about what goes on at recycling plants. They throw away almost everything from the recycling bin. At this point I just do super clean cardboard and throw everything else away. Aluminum cans go to our family in IA when they visit so they can get the return money.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, I'm making a lot less effort now. Paper and clean plastic/glass containers (*edit - and cardboard) I'll toss in the recycle so it is obvious. Anything else goes in the trash.

The g/f will separate out plastic bags and drop off at like Jewel, but they're just tossing the bags in the garbage anyways.

If the next company legitimately makes the effort for the recycle I'll start making the effort again. Hate tossing stuff that can be recycled into the garbage, but it's a losing battle.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
For here, doesn't matter. Recycle gets tossed in with the garbage a lot of times. Some "karen", who I have to give a lot of respect to, saw the garbage truck grab the recycle cans. Started calling around and eventually got some answers from the village. IIRC there was some issue with capacity at the recycle plant so they are just duping the recycle in the garbage. Wait, why are we separating shit then? It enraged a LOT of people. Village said they can't do anything until the contract expires. Yeah, so you can give them another contract to line your pockets and we get stuck with increased fees.

a bunch of plastics people recycle apparently can't actually be recycled anyway. it's all a bit of a scam to make people feel better about what they consume while some big corps pretend they are being good economic stewards. so corporations and consumers both lying to eachother for profit and to feel better mostly.

Thread Info