💬 OT Geriatric fucks vs Millennials: Facts, Insults, Charts, Memes and More

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Yup. And very repetitive posts too... Had to nuke one finally.
Frequently identify as libertarian “Im
Just not with this woke culture of the left and these boomers are out of touch with the real world any more with their conservative policy”

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
92f (1).jpg

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Boomers are the reason you have to bundle fucking land line service to get a decent deal on cable or internet
lol I hate that. I used to argue about this all the time. It's like ordering a "value meal" even if you're just going to throw the fries away because it's more expensive to order a damn sandwich and a drink. I finally found a great deal on internet a few years ago that didn't even require me to have cable. Now I just have fast internet for $65 a month, and stream everything I'd want to see on TV. Screw cable AND landlines.

MiLleNiAlz aRe RuInInG TeluViSioN! Nah, you did that to yourselves. We didn't like it, so we left. ?‍♂️

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Millennials...Boomers ruined TV that's why I only have Internet so i can stream what I want to watch. Subscribes to Netflix, Amazon, Disney with Hulu, YouTube tv,sling tv and fubu tv for twice the cost of cable.
Pffffff yeah right. I want to see that math. Besides, there is no single person paying for ALLL of that stuff. I'm am the Netflix provider for my immediate family. I pony up a whopping $12/mo for that. MTOD is $5 a month. We are on my fiance's mom's Amazon Prime and Hulu accounts for $0 per month. Disney+ is free for Verizon customers. Ain't nobody paying for Youtube when you can use it for free. Then there's a digital antenna which never gets used, but it's there. $0/mo

My grand total including internet comes to $72/mo. Basic cable ALONE for almost 100 channels of trash news, bible studies, and commercials costs over $150/mo and doesn't even include the channels everybody wants. They can get bent. There isn't a single thing on TV that I can't get elsewhere for a lot cheaper.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
My folks don't have a land line. Haven't for years now.
Lol my parents have talked about dropping it for years. Their excuse was that "grandma and grandpa won't know where to call us". Well even grandma and grandpa have cell phones now... Still have the land line. Then Comcast screwed my parents with their contract ending again. Dad's pissed that caller id doesn't come up on the TV anymore. God forbid he has to lean over and check the caller ID. lmao

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Pffffff yeah right. I want to see that math. Besides, there is no single person paying for ALLL of that stuff. I'm am the Netflix provider for my immediate family. I pony up a whopping $12/mo for that. MTOD is $5 a month. We are on my fiance's mom's Amazon Prime and Hulu accounts for $0 per month. Disney+ is free for Verizon customers. Ain't nobody paying for Youtube when you can use it for free. Then there's a digital antenna which never gets used, but it's there. $0/mo

My grand total including internet comes to $72/mo. Basic cable ALONE for almost 100 channels of trash news, bible studies, and commercials costs over $150/mo and doesn't even include the channels everybody wants. They can get bent. There isn't a single thing on TV that I can't get elsewhere for a lot cheaper.

I'll never understand how we have to pay to access TV channels that are littered with commercials. Where as I can pay for a streaming service where commercials don't exist.

The biggest downfall for streaming services is difficultly watching Live Sports. But as the ratings for every major sport has shown over the past couple of years (hitting all time low levels), people are starting to not give a fuck about sports.

I pay for cable atm because the bundle was cheaper than internet alone. Like they essentially paid me to add cable to my internet service.

Reactions: v6buicks

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I'll never understand how we have to pay to access TV channels that are littered with commercials. Where as I can pay for a streaming service where commercials don't exist.

The biggest downfall for streaming services is difficultly watching Live Sports. But as the ratings for every major sport has shown over the past couple of years (hitting all time low levels), people are starting to not give a fuck about sports.

I pay for cable atm because the bundle was cheaper than internet alone. Like they essentially paid me to add cable to my internet service.
I've never been big on sports, but I admit that not having football for the family on Thanksgiving was almost a problem. My sister's fiance had some kind of sports streaming service so we were good. That's the other thing. Cable is tied to friggen wires. We have my streaming services everywhere. I'm not the type to watch shows on my phone everywhere I go, but it sure is awesome when you're on a multi hour layover or at some hotel in the middle of nowhere for work.

Reactions: Sprayin

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I hate how annoying it is to watch shows across like 5 subscriptions. Commercials for shows I watch on cable don’t bother me because I just dvr and fast forward.

I do hate how that can be annoying, but it's gotten easier to navigate that. It's almost to the point where its just like changing the channel. It's not quite there, but it is close. Commercials drive me up the wall. I hate them.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I've never been big on sports, but I admit that not having football for the family on Thanksgiving was almost a problem. My sister's fiance had some kind of sports streaming service so we were good. That's the other thing. Cable is tied to friggen wires. We have my streaming services everywhere. I'm not the type to watch shows on my phone everywhere I go, but it sure is awesome when you're on a multi hour layover or at some hotel in the middle of nowhere for work.

Lets go with people who have their phones everywhere. May make me sound boomeresque but going through a store with your phone blaring music is obnoxious AF.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Thread Info