đź’¬ OT Geriatric fucks vs Millennials: Facts, Insults, Charts, Memes and More

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
View attachment 202808

$4525 a month to start with one person. Add a second person or any other "options" and the price climbs from there....
Figure someone sells their $300,000 house, and ALL of that money is gone in less than 3 years. Fucking brutal.

Anyone want to start an old folks home?!?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Figure someone sells their $300,000 house, and ALL of that money is gone in less than 3 years. Fucking brutal.

Literally was thinking the same thing. They have to be making a ton of money at those rates dont they?

My new sister in law is a registered nurse, so we have one for all residents which sounds like one more than some of these places. :bowrofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
They have the easy entry ones, where you can step into them, then close a panel. You see the commercials for them at 2am.
Walk in tubs are what theyre called.

The vast majority I saw in these places though are full access curbless walk in showers though. Imagine needing a walker or wheelchair so you can get in and out of the shower stall. They also have alert buttons in the stalls as well.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Literally was thinking the same thing. They have to be making a ton of money at those rates dont they?

My new sister in law is a registered nurse, so we have one for all residents which sounds like one more than some of these places. :bowrofl:
Yeah dude, those places are basically printing money

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

I bet the insurance premium and liability is through the freaking roof though. And most of these places are hiring puerto rican/mexican/polish/ukranian/etc. The language barrier is strong.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I always wonder how that would play out for my sister and I. My grandparents left my mom/step-dad some considerable money. We never count on getting much because that money could be gone in a few years should they need to go into an expensive assisted living situation. I try not to think about it because it makes me feel like I care about my inheritance more than their end years quality of life.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI

Some of the real estate investment FB groups I'm in have really been talking about this lately as an alternative to normal rental properties.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Assisted Living - Could be a Sunrise type facility, nice apartment style units, 24 hour nurse station.
Nursing Home - Single room, communal areas, round the clock care
Hospice - Single room, residents are dying, round the clock care

I'm guessing there are some variations for assisted living and nursing home. For the former, could even be a housing development with round the clock care, that would be something like the The Villages I'm thinking?

My mom's oldest sister is 88 and lives with one of her daughters, that's the Japanese way.

My local buddy who's Polish, his mom who is not all that old has dementia, they have a day time nurse and he watches her on weeknights and they have some sort of arrangement for the weekends, mix of nurses and his siblings.

When my wife's grandmother was diagnosed with lung cancer, there was a general sense she had a year or two left. She was up there in age, I'm guessing upper 80s. So my inlaws drove down to FL and helped her sell / give away items, sell her house which I think was in something like The Villages. She lived with my inlaws for nearly a year, but then it was too difficult for my inlaws to help her bath and go about her day. She went to hospice and was gone in about 4 months.

It's my hope that my mother becomes willing to live with my youngest sister in the next two years, my mom is 83. I think it will actually increase her confidence in driving and getting around which is has been decreasing lately.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
IMG_3537.jpeg

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
for nerd fun if i did not have any need to do real work and make an income for a couple months, i'd sit down and try and work out what realistically income and life would look like for a teacher and plumber and programmer etc. born in 1960/70/80/90/00/10 might be like, and also similarly compare the current state to other countries. but shit i ain't gonna do that if daddy gotta do real work to pay da billz for now

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
for nerd fun if i did not have any need to do real work and make an income for a couple months, i'd sit down and try and work out what realistically income and life would look like for a teacher and plumber and programmer etc. born in 1960/70/80/90/00/10 might be like, and also similarly compare the current state to other countries. but shit i ain't gonna do that if daddy gotta do real work to pay da billz for now
That would take less time than some of your posts on here. :ROFLMAO: So get to it! haha

Thread Info