Boomba Racing?

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Yeah, their R&D and Milling is top notch- Even their Fuel rails and Mounts are disgustingly sexy. But on the shop side, I think they've got someone a little short on experience. Paul/Chilax left their shop after getting all his stock junk replaced with Urethane bushings, and barely made it home before his LCA popped out. There are also a ton of Neon guys that were flamingly pissed after their Dyno Day (same day we had ours at Deans), I guess they were running their cars in third, even after everyone pointed out:

GEAR RATIO
1st 3.65
2nd 2.05
3rd 1.37
4th 0.97
5th 0.76

So in short, I love their products and will continue to buy them, but yeah. They aren't touching my ride. :dunno:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I wouldn't let them touch anything or expect any customer service from them.

I saw their cutting of rotors on here. It said $50. I asked in the thread if that was a pair or for a single but got no replies. I called and the person on the phone put me on hold, came back and confirmed the price was $50 for a pair. So I dropped them off at the company next door as the Boomba side had no one there. I was told them I had to prepay for them which I thought was weird as they had my $850 rotors. I get a call the next day saying they made a mistake on the price and it was double. I said not to cut them and I would pick them up. They said they were already cut and I needed to talk to the owner. I go to pick them up and the owner yelled at me, told me I was trying to extort him (not sure he knows what that means), told me he was going to keep my rotors, threatened me personally and more. I gave in and paid as I wasn't gonna sit there and argue any longer with a person who is threatening me. I put them on and made it around the block as the shuddering while braking was horrible. Took them to a machinist buddy and found they cut them incorrectly and the faces of the rotors were not flat and were not parallel with the rotor hat. I had to replace the rings on these two piece rotors. There is even more to the story. But that is the "quick" story.

They make amazing products, but I wouldn't trust them working on my car. Right [MENTION=10881]ChiLAX[/MENTION]?

Seems Boomba Racing is a side business to the main business. Using machines the other company has to make car parts.

Thread Info