Boomba Racing?

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Weren't they at one point a sponsor? Are they no longer one?

I know they were working on the ST line

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
They haven't been for awhile. No real reason. Good group of guys.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Yea, they seemed like it. They will be getting my business, and i like that they are local.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Mook, Have you purchased anything from them or have any work done by them? Because my dealing with them was 100% negative.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I took my 350z there for something....I dont remember what. Exhaust probably. I was shown around while they worked on the car. Talked w/ everyone. Nice guys :dunno:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
This was a few years back tho so anything can change.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Hmmm, well the products seem legit. But still hoping to hear more input about them

ChiLAX

Reaction score
Never had a part made by them, but their work on my car was turrble. Just turrble.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Reaction score
Yeah, their R&D and Milling is top notch- Even their Fuel rails and Mounts are disgustingly sexy. But on the shop side, I think they've got someone a little short on experience. Paul/Chilax left their shop after getting all his stock junk replaced with Urethane bushings, and barely made it home before his LCA popped out. There are also a ton of Neon guys that were flamingly pissed after their Dyno Day (same day we had ours at Deans), I guess they were running their cars in third, even after everyone pointed out:

GEAR RATIO
1st 3.65
2nd 2.05
3rd 1.37
4th 0.97
5th 0.76

So in short, I love their products and will continue to buy them, but yeah. They aren't touching my ride. :dunno:

ChiLAX

Reaction score
It made it a couple weeks before it let go, but dealing with them was a nightmare when I was trying to recoup money from the tow and subsequent repairs. They basically told me to get fucked.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't let them touch anything or expect any customer service from them.

I saw their cutting of rotors on here. It said $50. I asked in the thread if that was a pair or for a single but got no replies. I called and the person on the phone put me on hold, came back and confirmed the price was $50 for a pair. So I dropped them off at the company next door as the Boomba side had no one there. I was told them I had to prepay for them which I thought was weird as they had my $850 rotors. I get a call the next day saying they made a mistake on the price and it was double. I said not to cut them and I would pick them up. They said they were already cut and I needed to talk to the owner. I go to pick them up and the owner yelled at me, told me I was trying to extort him (not sure he knows what that means), told me he was going to keep my rotors, threatened me personally and more. I gave in and paid as I wasn't gonna sit there and argue any longer with a person who is threatening me. I put them on and made it around the block as the shuddering while braking was horrible. Took them to a machinist buddy and found they cut them incorrectly and the faces of the rotors were not flat and were not parallel with the rotor hat. I had to replace the rings on these two piece rotors. There is even more to the story. But that is the "quick" story.

They make amazing products, but I wouldn't trust them working on my car. Right [MENTION=10881]ChiLAX[/MENTION]?
Seems Boomba Racing is a side business to the main business. Using machines the other company has to make car parts.

ChiLAX

Reaction score
Sounds about right, there's a lot more to my story as well. If anyone was thinking of having them work on their car, I would look elsewhere. But that's just me, since I like my suspension attached to the car.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
Thanks [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION], lethal has a pretty good selection. Thanks for the replies guys. Didn't plan on any work being done there but at least buy product and pick it up if anything lol

E

Reaction score
The guy that use to run the shop side was Devin. He left not long after they were sponsors here. I guess they didn't get anyone better. :dunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom