Boobs in Avitars

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
regardless, people getting paid to goof off isn't helping our fucked up economy one little bit.

What do you do if you don't mind my being inquisitive?

I'm going to offer up front that I had to bite my tongue hard on this reply.

Plenty of the money I EARN is going back into the economy. I'm still confused how exactly you feel like its your place to be concerned with my impact on the economy, or what I do for a living, however...

I'm in IT. My job is to sit behind a computer all day. Difference between my job and most other folks is that I'm on the clock 24x7x365. Most of the work I do that brings real value to my position is performed outside the hours of 9-5. It's not uncommon for my job to require 60-70hrs/week out of me. On top of that, I manage the oncall rotation... which basically puts me oncall full time since I get alerts year round, where my guys only get alerted while they're doing their 1 week in rotation every 5 weeks.

Basically, when the shit really hits the fan... I'm the one on the hook for everything related IT that keeps the business I work for running. Otherwise, I have a handful of guys who report through me that handle most of the daily run of the mill work.

Rest assured there mate, I work for my money.

Feel better now? :picard:

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
I'm going to offer up front that I had to bite my tongue hard on this reply.

Plenty of the money I EARN is going back into the economy. I'm still confused how exactly you feel like its your place to be concerned with my impact on the economy, or what I do for a living, however...

I'm in IT. My job is to sit behind a computer all day. Difference between my job and most other folks is that I'm on the clock 24x7x365. Most of the work I do that brings real value to my position is performed outside the hours of 9-5. It's not uncommon for my job to require 60-70hrs/week out of me. On top of that, I manage the oncall rotation... which basically puts me oncall full time since I get alerts year round, where my guys only get alerted while they're doing their 1 week in rotation every 5 weeks.

Basically, when the shit really hits the fan... I'm the one on the hook for everything related IT that keeps the business I work for running. Otherwise, I have a handful of guys who report through me that handle most of the daily run of the mill work.

Rest assured there mate, I work for my money.

Feel better now? :picard:

You'll be hard pressed to get any sympathy out of me for a 60-70 hr work week, especially if 15-20 of those hours are spent surfing TCG. Less time on here would likely translate into fewer overall hours put in...

An economy is made up of people, and every person has an impact. Countries that understand this, and take it to heart are going to be walking all over us in the coming years, mark my words.

I'm sure you work, and I'm sure you do your job, but it's tough to debate that anyone who spends time goofing off on here during the work day could increase their efficiency by finding something useful to do for their job instead.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
You'll be hard pressed to get any sympathy out of me for a 60-70 hr work week, especially if 15-20 of those hours are spent surfing TCG. Less time on here would likely translate into fewer overall hours put in...

An economy is made up of people, and every person has an impact. Countries that understand this, and take it to heart are going to be walking all over us in the coming years, mark my words.

I'm sure you work, and I'm sure you do your job, but it's tough to debate that anyone who spends time goofing off on here during the work day could increase their efficiency by finding something useful to do for their job instead.

Said the guy posting @ 2:40pm on a Friday... get to work bitch.

What do you do for a job Mr. Nosympathy?

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Said the guy posting @ 2:40pm on a Friday... get to work bitch.

What do you do for a job Mr. Nosympathy?

Full time student, but I also work a job I don't get paid for here for 30-40 hours a week.

I did just finish my degree though, turned in my final assignment materials yesterday as a matter of fact, and will be taking a job working 50-70 hours a week in project management for a company in Tennessee, managing multi-million dollar projects, mostly contracted out by UPS and FedEx, among others. I have about a month and a half off between now and then though, to get my shit together, my POS demodded, and my life moved.

Last summer I worked for US Steel in Pittsburgh, working 50-60 hours a week on average as an intern...and that's a 5-day work week. No putzing around on computers, working the whole balance of my hours, generally on my feet.

I've never had a job where playing around on internet forums was considered acceptable practice, and I'm fine with that. If I ever managed a business, I wouldn't have it any other way for my employees.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
M@ is a corporate kiss-ass.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've worked for one corporation, and they were the most lax about this sort of shit. I was always busy, so it was a non-issue, but they were by far the least strict on computer policies.

Call me what you want, the fact that most of you don't agree just illustrates my point about how lazy this country's work force is getting.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Full time student, but I also work a job I don't get paid for here for 30-40 hours a week.

I did just finish my degree though, turned in my final assignment materials yesterday as a matter of fact, and will be taking a job working 50-70 hours a week in project management for a company in Tennessee, managing multi-million dollar projects, mostly contracted out by UPS and FedEx, among others. I have about a month and a half off between now and then though, to get my shit together, my POS demodded, and my life moved.

Last summer I worked for US Steel in Pittsburgh, working 50-60 hours a week on average as an intern...and that's a 5-day work week. No putzing around on computers, working the whole balance of my hours, generally on my feet.

I've never had a job where playing around on internet forums was considered acceptable practice, and I'm fine with that. If I ever managed a business, I wouldn't have it any other way for my employees.

o nos :eek3:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL

You're a student and you already have a shit outlook on the working world? Enjoy the rest of your miserable life! :rofl:

Dude, if you're ever going to handle the stress of all the shit that happens in life you will need an outlet.

Hope you learn how to chill the fuck out or you're going to be a terror to work around.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've worked for one corporation, and they were the most lax about this sort of shit. I was always busy, so it was a non-issue, but they were by far the least strict on computer policies.

Call me what you want, the fact that most of you don't agree just illustrates my point about how lazy this country's work force is getting.

Or could it possibly be that many working people in America feel they are not properly paid for what they do. Speaking for myself when companies run you into the ground with work load, you wonder why you kill yourself for it. The you question am I getting compensated to the point where this workload is justified? The majority of companies could give 2 shits about their employees. So you go ahead and kill yourself working for a company that will more than likely dump you when the time is right for them.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Or could it possibly be that many working people in America feel they are not properly paid for what they do. Speaking for myself when companies run you into the ground with work load, you wonder why you kill yourself for it. The you question am I getting compensated to the point where this workload is justified? The majority of companies could give 2 shits about their employees. So you go ahead and kill yourself working for a company that will more than likely dump you when the time is right for them.

Bingo! Learn that lesson early on in your career. You'll have a much better life. I have done the whole "kill myself for my company" thing. No matter the pay, that kind of life is not for me.

I've learned to balance it all out. TCG is part of my balance for now! :bigthumb:

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007

many working people are feeling wrong then...

America has pretty pathetic productivity per dollar anymore.

Thread Info