• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

bonneville gxp ??

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Everything is great about the GXP.... except the general reliability. I wanted to get one 5 years ago until I read up on the problems, and the bills associated with fixing them. Also hard to find good tech's for that engine as well because you pop the hood and they all go: Wut.

Other problems to look out for:

Water crossover gaskets and waterpump problems
Oil and coolant leak prone
Shitty rotors
Gas mileage 22 on the highway, and 16 around town (real world numbers).

I'd get a SSEI before a GXP, but I will say the GXP looks sweet and has lots of gizmos, and hard to beat that V8 rumble. Although I've read some people who have had GXP's with no problems at all (except be prepared to spend money at the pump) and love their cars. So could be a crapshoot.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
As an owner of a 03 SSEi, some other stuff to look out for is water leaks. The vapor barrier in the door separates from the adhesive and will soak the interior carpet when it rains/door fills up with water. That one doesn't have a sunroof, so the sunroof drains won't be an issue with leaking into the car UNDER the carpet. Check for the typical rust in the rear quarter below the gas door.

Overall, they're not bad cars. I like the styling of the GXP better than the SSEi. There isn't any aftermarket that I'm aware of and I don't think anyone ever cracked the PCM for tuning.

Lastly, the one in the listing doesn't have heated seats (which is weird.)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info