Body work questions

Dxtryng

Reaction score
So a couple days ago I was driving my truck on the highway and my tire decided it was a good time to blow up... well the tread decided it was going to come off sounds more accurate. anyways the tire crushed the bed all around it my insurance says that they will fix it by cutting the side of the bed and welding in a new side.... is that the correct way to fix it or should i argue with them and try and get a new bed?

OP
Dxtryng

Dxtryng

Reaction score
i will try and get photos of the trucks damage asap

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
So a couple days ago I was driving my truck on the highway and my tire decided it was a good time to blow up... well the tread decided it was going to come off sounds more accurate. anyways the tire crushed the bed all around it my insurance says that they will fix it by cutting the side of the bed and welding in a new side.... is that the correct way to fix it or should i argue with them and try and get a new bed?

that's correct and totally fine... just make sure you take it to a good shop.

who is your insurance.

OP
Dxtryng

Dxtryng

Reaction score
American family, they said it’s like 2300 to fix the damage... and they are going to get the side panel off another truck that has been totaled.... do you by a chance know what a body shop charges per hour of work the insurance company said its 28 book hours of work and I will not have the truck for 6 days just seems like thats a low amount for 28 hours at a shop

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Reaction score
their talking about getting a junk yard bed and then we have to cut that off fit it trim prep it, and install it on your truck fight for a new ford panle dont know why a junk yard panel is invovled

its really no biggie to replace a bed side on a pick up i can have your truck done and in paint shop in 2 days where is the truck at now

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
American family, they said it’s like 2300 to fix the damage... and they are going to get the side panel off another truck that has been totaled.... do you by a chance know what a body shop charges per hour of work the insurance company said its 28 book hours of work and I will not have the truck for 6 days just seems like thats a low amount for 28 hours at a shop
No that's about right because shops will estimate about 5 hours per day. It's probably between 46 and 52$ an hour. Do you have rental car coverage?

OP
Dxtryng

Dxtryng

Reaction score
Okay so I found a bed off a 2003 that's like brand new the guy that has it has been storing it since 2003 when he bought the truck new and swapped the bed for a work box bed... Now I just need to have it painted does anyone know a shop that does a good job that would be interested in doing a cash deal?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom