Body shop guys. Paint?

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
Do I have any hope in getting these fender flares paint matched without doing any blending on the fenders?

I had these painted straight color no tint. It doesnt match.

I get that I'm asking a lot to get the paint to match. Can it be done?

[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] [MENTION=98]smug[/MENTION]

J8vWszO.jpg

36aGcog.jpg

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
The color is called Avalanche its a grey color. There is only one color when he bought the paint.

Generally speaking, there is more than one factory variance, there may be only one for that color, but my previous career of 14 years was painting cars and trucks , there was more than one color with 6-7 variances. It will generally depend on which plant it was built at. That being a f150, it’s built at 1 of 2 plants, Dearborn or Kansas City, definitely a opportunity for 2 variances. Or you can do a custom mix. I would have your paint supplier take a picture with a camera specific for paint code comparison.

I had to do that to panel paint my Marauder hood, none of my factory variations were even close on spray outs, turns out a Jaguar color was a dead on match, no blending into the fenders or header.

d1f091e452dca95a8a1e498c944c9131.jpg
4452350b2b7fe2c2b9964767c248f5e4.jpg

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
Bolt on fender flares are worse then fake bead locks. Especially when that gen 1 came with smooth flares.

I wanted color matched flares since before I got the truck. I'm kinda surprised the stickers have stayed on this long. I'm not a fan of them either. I prefer a cleaner look.

The flares got dropped off at a real body shop yesterday. They took a pic of my paint with their special camera and I left a head light bezel behind. I hope they come out close.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info