• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Body highth difference... What's bent or out of whack?

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
So I thought I noticed a difference in highth of my front fender gaps between driver and passenger side. Well I have had a series of bad events occur but the major one was the awesome road buckle at night when heading to work.

I have a slight vibration on occasion and the passenger side is about 1/2" lower than the driver. Can car alignment affect this? Is my lower a-arm out of whack?

I sit on strano springs

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
Flat ground...
Driver front 27.25"
Passenger front 27"

Driver rear 27"
Pass rear 26.5"

So idk. The car has a very very light pull to the left when removing hands from the wheel. I never got a alignment yet after lowering...

I do have adj LCAs and adj PHB too. Maybe I set my PHB to short? Before I installed the PHB I mated hole to hole from the stocker vs aftermarket.

Also probably a mute factor but would air
Pressure be a factor? Last I checked I'm sure I was at 42psi in the rear. I just looked at the tires and the rear pass has a "slight" bulge but I don't think it's enough to make a difference. I could check psi when it's cooler.

Fu*k this hot shit lol

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
if you think the air or tires may be to blame measure from the lip to the edge of the wheel centercap

i bet if you had someone measure it with yer ass in the seat it would sit plretty level

when the car pulls a wee bit to the left is that on a flat road or the right half of a crowned road?

if you align a car for flat roads it'll pull to the right on a crowned road and if you align for a crowned road (as most roads are) they pull to the left on flat.

as an align tech you can never win....some people refuse to believe that road conditions and gravity have more of an effect than they think

i once dealt with an asshole that firmly stated his car pulled both left and right...after 2 alignments i asked him if the pulling always happened on the same stretches of road...yes they did....and one of the roads had a sharp crown....the other was damn near level on the side he drove on the way home....the other side (on his way to work) was slanted hard.

you cant fix stupid

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info