🚘 Automotive Bob Hope's Official FUCK YOUR JEEP thread - split from Boredthread

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I was up a few weeks ago in Copper Harbor. We rook the road out to High Rock Bay in my GF's 16 Outback 3.6R. Most of the traffic on the road are mountain bikers or ATV's. I didnt take any pictures of the drive for some reason. Rained the night before so we went through some decently deep puddles but it was not muddy. Its pretty hard everywhere on that road. Here are some links to see the road and normal conditions.

Adventure along the Mandan Road-High Rock Bay Road in MI (dangerousroads.org)
High Rock Bay Is Hard-To-Reach But Beautiful Gem In Michigan (onlyinyourstate.com)

I wouldnt say the road is dangerious but you do encounter water, rocks, and it was pretty heavily rutted that late in the season. Alot of cars stop and walk the rest of the way. We came across a Jeep with IL plates going slow on the way out there. It was painfull being stock behind him. Lifted, big tires, snorkle, some sorta jack thing on the back. Ya know looked like he could climb mount everest. She hates Jeeps because they are all over barrington where she lives. Outfitted the same but see nowhere but the Barrington High School parking lot. Shes been "offroading" in south dakota with her family all her life and this subaru really sees some shit sometimes. Its pretty capable for what it is. We got to the end of the road after being stuck behind this stupid jeep and the conversation went something like this.

Jeep bro: I am surprised you got all the way out here and didnt turn around.
GF: Why wouldnt I? Its just a dirt road.
GF: Hardly offroading
Jeep bro: True at least you got some mud on the underside
GF: My car has more mud than you
Jeep bro: Its pretty easy to get under there and look. (points under car)
GF: Ford Flex pulls out to the point and she points at it. (yoopers)
Jeep bro: Surprised look on his face.

We really would love to lift the outback and put some AT tires on it. But because its a 3.6R they do not make any lifting springs for it. Im afraid the ones available for the 4-banger outback would sag under the weight of the 3.6. They do have a "Wilderness" outback out now that is lifted. I am wondering if any of the parts interchange. Hers has 150K on it now and she wants another one but hates out the new 4-banger turbo (only option) idles. - rough

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I was up a few weeks ago in Copper Harbor. We rook the road out to High Rock Bay in my GF's 16 Outback 3.6R. Most of the traffic on the road are mountain bikers or ATV's. I didnt take any pictures of the drive for some reason. Rained the night before so we went through some decently deep puddles but it was not muddy. Its pretty hard everywhere on that road. Here are some links to see the road and normal conditions.

Adventure along the Mandan Road-High Rock Bay Road in MI (dangerousroads.org)
High Rock Bay Is Hard-To-Reach But Beautiful Gem In Michigan (onlyinyourstate.com)

I wouldnt say the road is dangerious but you do encounter water, rocks, and it was pretty heavily rutted that late in the season. Alot of cars stop and walk the rest of the way. We came across a Jeep with IL plates going slow on the way out there. It was painfull being stock behind him. Lifted, big tires, snorkle, some sorta jack thing on the back. Ya know looked like he could climb mount everest. She hates Jeeps because they are all over barrington where she lives. Outfitted the same but see nowhere but the Barrington High School parking lot. Shes been "offroading" in south dakota with her family all her life and this subaru really sees some shit sometimes. Its pretty capable for what it is. We got to the end of the road after being stuck behind this stupid jeep and the conversation went something like this.

Jeep bro: I am surprised you got all the way out here and didnt turn around.
GF: Why wouldnt I? Its just a dirt road.
GF: Hardly offroading
Jeep bro: True at least you got some mud on the underside
GF: My car has more mud than you
Jeep bro: Its pretty easy to get under there and look. (points under car)
GF: Ford Flex pulls out to the point and she points at it. (yoopers)
Jeep bro: Surprised look on his face.

We really would love to lift the outback and put some AT tires on it. But because its a 3.6R they do not make any lifting springs for it. Im afraid the ones available for the 4-banger outback would sag under the weight of the 3.6. They do have a "Wilderness" outback out now that is lifted. I am wondering if any of the parts interchange. Hers has 150K on it now and she wants another one but hates out the new 4-banger turbo (only option) idles. - rough
They make strut spacers. Also every 4 cylinder boxer idles rough because it’s self balancing with rpm.

Reactions: m_dogg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
234E4E82-296B-441B-A739-1D5097B554A3.jpeg

Thread Info