I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
how are you liking it?
:rofl:

Good question. It’s at Hyundai for warranty work right now. Hoping I get it back this week.

Otherwise it’s awesome the 2 days I drove it. Roomy for the family, quick and alright gas mileage. Hoping the cost of ownership reflects its South Korea roots vs a bmw.

Side note: insurance was way the fuck more on a 740xi than the Genesis.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
:rofl: damn it. Well, 2 good days is at least a good start. Hopefully it is a quick fix and you will be good to go though.
Whole column replacement. The little adjuster joystick didn’t go up or down. I’m just happy it’s something that was in stock and able to be ordered vs National backorder or something

Reactions: SleeperLS

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Please lord may you go back in after them and loctite everything being that it's steering components
I plan on an oil change when I get it back and I’ll look it over up front. I mean really it’s like what 3 bolts? Column to under dash and then to steering rack. They’re supposed to be doing front brakes too under warranty so we’ll see. I’ve had a similar situation where I lost a caliper bolt after getting a car back from a dealer.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I plan on an oil change when I get it back and I’ll look it over up front. I mean really it’s like what 3 bolts? Column to under dash and then to steering rack. They’re supposed to be doing front brakes too under warranty so we’ll see. I’ve had a similar situation where I lost a caliper bolt after getting a car back from a dealer.
My main concern is the steering shaft bolt.

At the u joint. It's a one time use only bolt, I'd make sure that the bolt is on the work order as it must be replaced

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
At the u joint. It's a one time use only bolt, I'd make sure that the bolt is on the work order as it must be replaced

I didn't see it was a 1x use until I looked up the service procedure
Episode 2 Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

This is the kind of stuff that 99% of car owners would never know about, and never even think to question.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
My main concern is the steering shaft bolt.

I didn't see it was a 1x use until I looked up the service procedure
I don’t have shit on the paperwork about this bolt. Got a screen shot you could share? I’ll bring it up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info