Bob Hope’s give me your opinion on wtf I think I want to buy v: new car

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I don’t have shit on the paperwork about this bolt. Got a screen shot you could share? I’ll bring it up.
20220801_140839.jpg

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I plan on an oil change when I get it back and I’ll look it over up front. I mean really it’s like what 3 bolts? Column to under dash and then to steering rack. They’re supposed to be doing front brakes too under warranty so we’ll see. I’ve had a similar situation where I lost a caliper bolt after getting a car back from a dealer.
CarMax does an oil change on EVERY car they put on their front lot. So I'd say it's not imperative to do that right away, unless you just want the peace of mind of having it done now vs whenever they got the car. Looking forward to pics and update on it!

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
CarMax does an oil change on EVERY car they put on their front lot. So I'd say it's not imperative to do that right away, unless you just want the peace of mind of having it done now vs whenever they got the car. Looking forward to pics and update on it!
Carmax has been pretty shitty to deal with honestly. Hyundai dealer is awesome and always has been, too bad they don’t have any used Genesis g80 sports

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
When I was into the Acura TL's I went and looked at 3 at carmax. I said no to all 3 cause the oil was absolutely disgusting if it was even on the dip stick
Oil was clean when I had the car.

Was just told one thing by carmax and they didn’t deliver and now then making it right might be a week which pisses me off. Probably just going to tell them to give me the car and I’ll do what I need to to it myself.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Called today to get an update. Original issues were column joystick not working, brakes pulsing, 3 small dents in the hood (I wouldn’t of cared but was told they’d fix them without me bringing it up) and a vibration at highway speeds.

Hyundai had the car for 2 weeks waiting on a new column. Now carmax has had the car another week. Tuesday they told me brake parts were ordered. Yesterday pdr guys fixed the hood dents. Apparently today 2 of the wheels are being repaired (2 had some rash but maybe they also were dented/bent) and brakes haven’t been done. They told me they’re down to two techs and they didn’t get to the brakes because waiting for outside vendors and thought they had time.

I asked for the parts to be “installed” in the trunk and I’d come tomorrow morning for the car. Got a call back from a store manager and said they couldn’t do that due to liability. Was promised they were going to get brakes done by Monday and hoping to make room this afternoon to at least start on it.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Called today to get an update. Original issues were column joystick not working, brakes pulsing, 3 small dents in the hood (I wouldn’t of cared but was told they’d fix them without me bringing it up) and a vibration at highway speeds.

Hyundai had the car for 2 weeks waiting on a new column. Now carmax has had the car another week. Tuesday they told me brake parts were ordered. Yesterday pdr guys fixed the hood dents. Apparently today 2 of the wheels are being repaired (2 had some rash but maybe they also were dented/bent) and brakes haven’t been done. They told me they’re down to two techs and they didn’t get to the brakes because waiting for outside vendors and thought they had time.

I asked for the parts to be “installed” in the trunk and I’d come tomorrow morning for the car. Got a call back from a store manager and said they couldn’t do that due to liability. Was promised they were going to get brakes done by Monday and hoping to make room this afternoon to at least start on it.
Well that sucks, but at least they were honest and didn't give you the smoke and mirrors happy dance.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Well that sucks, but at least they were honest and didn't give you the smoke and mirrors happy dance.
I mean I get it I guess and they’re doing more than I thought they would. I figured the vibration was just shitty balance on the new tires they tossed on where the car came from (had this transferred from OK).

Stocks will be my winter wheels and I’ll pick up some summer wheels in the spring or over winter. Figured I’d ride out this setup till I need snow tires.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I mean I get it I guess and they’re doing more than I thought they would. I figured the vibration was just shitty balance on the new tires they tossed on where the car came from (had this transferred from OK).

Stocks will be my winter wheels and I’ll pick up some summer wheels in the spring or over winter. Figured I’d ride out this setup till I need snow tires.
Makes sense. I keep going back and forth on using my stockers as the winter setup, but haven't hit the jackpot on finding the rims I want, on the used market.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
And everywhere is having trouble with staffing. 2 of my favorite lunch places are just randomly closed all the time because they don’t have enough staff. Can’t imagine a tech at carmax getting paid well since most of it is probably warranty work thru carmax or prepping cars for sale.
Everyone's feeling that pinch. We've been looking to add another service tech, and the people that apply...... probably shouldn't even work at McDonalds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info