Boating season 2017, v1.0: playing with my dinghy

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
you wouldn't do a wavepad or something similar correct?

My one gripe is storing the damn thing. Inflatable would fit in my dock box easy enough or below deck. Roll up jobber would take up half the bow. I'd also like something that keeps you out of the cold water so it's usable early in the season. I can't get myself to spend $400 on an inflatable sea doo one again that lasts for a season

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Perfect.

TG-003761_1024x1024__62437.1463496212.380.380.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Don't know if I found THE problem but I found A problem. Still battling with low power on the boat. Tore into the carb today to look at a few things. Metering rods are fine, floats aren't filled with fuel, the screens feeding the jets are clean. Found the diaphragm for the accelerator pump torn, already ordered a new one.

p8VpVuo.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Somewhat boat related, at work they are looking for someone to run the river rescue boat im thinking about joining the emergency response team to take the role, easy ot and I get to drive a boat and get paid for it from time to time, it's more of a spill containment boat than rescue, they unload barges full of bad stuff on the river

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Still think boat is having issues, even though it made it across the lake without changing my name to gilligan. Just not making the pah' it should

Ordered fittings, fuel line and an inline gauge. OEM fuel line is just the slightest bit twisted at the carb fitting. Eliminating anything possible at this point.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Such a good weekend on the water. Replaced my blower switch and breaker, new fuel line with gauge, and fresh plugs in the boat Saturday. Boat had a low rpm miss when I took it out on Tuesday last week. Had the plugs sitting around so I swapped them out, cleared that up.

I've determined this boat is just an underpowered turd and there is nothing wrong with it. She gets on plane fine with 4 or less people, half the wood interior is waterlogged and I've got it packed full of bullshit and extra batteries. The boat is about as large as you can get without having twins and it's actually available with twins as an option. 350hp BBC just isn't enough to get a 10,000lbs boat on plane with all the weight in the back. I'm going to replace the trim tabs next season and that should help it get up at a lower speed. The rams are frozen up on it right now. Just something I never got around to doing before it hit the water this year. Mostly because $$$$

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info