Boating Season 2017 Official Thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Boat House Chicago is starting this coming Saturday.

16649464_1306369006065130_7544698171610400886_n.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
as soon as we see consistent temps in the 50's i'm going to cut a door in my boat shrink wrap and get to work. I want to have as much as possible done before the season starts. Going to give myself until monday to make up my mind whether to put the boat in Chicago or keep it where it's at. I'll just apply for a slip at that point.

Musts:
-upholstery finished
-replace exhaust risers
-propeller
-binnacle handle replacement and troubleshoot trailer switch

Strong wants:
-depth finder
-fix non working trim tabs
-fix the soft deck spot on the bow, this might turn into a nightmare but needs to be addressed at some point sooner than later
-shitty port windows. the frames are trashed and i can't get them to seal probably going to be stuck having custom windows made for big bucks.

wants/to do at my leisure:
too much to list

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
as soon as we see consistent temps in the 50's i'm going to cut a door in my boat shrink wrap and get to work. I want to have as much as possible done before the season starts. Going to give myself until monday to make up my mind whether to put the boat in Chicago or keep it where it's at. I'll just apply for a slip at that point.

Musts:
-upholstery finished
-replace exhaust risers
-propeller
-binnacle handle replacement and troubleshoot trailer switch

Strong wants:
-depth finder
-fix non working trim tabs
-fix the soft deck spot on the bow, this might turn into a nightmare but needs to be addressed at some point sooner than later
-shitty port windows. the frames are trashed and i can't get them to seal probably going to be stuck having custom windows made for big bucks.

wants/to do at my leisure:
too much to list

i miiiiight have a roll of shrink wrap tape at my house if you want to cut it open sooner than later and just tape it back up

but i can't remember for sure...

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I was up at my marina paying for my slip, and BS'n with my neighbors. Made a stop at Captains and I could not believe how low the water is!! Can't say I ever remember being up at the chain in Feb and it not having snow and ice so maybe this is normal?

c5fdb8bbcf73120df5d766e5570f90e3.jpg

that's how panda's backyard looks in July :bowrofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I was up at my marina paying for my slip, and BS'n with my neighbors. Made a stop at Captains and I could not believe how low the water is!! Can't say I ever remember being up at the chain in Feb and it not having snow and ice so maybe this is normal?

yeah that's the norm.

I spent from 2pm until midnight Saturday and 8am to 5pm sunday working on the boat upholstery. i got everything built and foam glued up to the structures, all that's left is making the covers for it all. my back is killing me from being jumped over a pair of saw horses all weekend

piccccccccs

and i did this

hbqFLOG.jpg

fuck yeah!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

River is low at my house also. I really do not know what the DNR is trying to accomplish but they are discharging a ton of water. We are not going to have any spring flooding this season not sure why the lakes this this much storage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info