Boating Season 2017 Official Thread

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Where you splashin' in this year? When you starting?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Boat House Chicago is starting this coming Saturday.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
as soon as we see consistent temps in the 50's i'm going to cut a door in my boat shrink wrap and get to work. I want to have as much as possible done before the season starts. Going to give myself until monday to make up my mind whether to put the boat in Chicago or keep it where it's at. I'll just apply for a slip at that point.

Musts:
-upholstery finished
-replace exhaust risers
-propeller
-binnacle handle replacement and troubleshoot trailer switch

Strong wants:
-depth finder
-fix non working trim tabs
-fix the soft deck spot on the bow, this might turn into a nightmare but needs to be addressed at some point sooner than later
-shitty port windows. the frames are trashed and i can't get them to seal probably going to be stuck having custom windows made for big bucks.

wants/to do at my leisure:
too much to list

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
as soon as we see consistent temps in the 50's i'm going to cut a door in my boat shrink wrap and get to work. I want to have as much as possible done before the season starts. Going to give myself until monday to make up my mind whether to put the boat in Chicago or keep it where it's at. I'll just apply for a slip at that point.

Musts:
-upholstery finished
-replace exhaust risers
-propeller
-binnacle handle replacement and troubleshoot trailer switch

Strong wants:
-depth finder
-fix non working trim tabs
-fix the soft deck spot on the bow, this might turn into a nightmare but needs to be addressed at some point sooner than later
-shitty port windows. the frames are trashed and i can't get them to seal probably going to be stuck having custom windows made for big bucks.

wants/to do at my leisure:
too much to list

i miiiiight have a roll of shrink wrap tape at my house if you want to cut it open sooner than later and just tape it back up

but i can't remember for sure...

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
if you never gave it back, you should have it! i'm not worried about a small part of the transom getting wet, it's only going to be wrapped up until early-mid april-ish anyways.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
ive got some 4" wide duck tape that'll suffice for that short time period

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
if you never gave it back, you should have it! i'm not worried about a small part of the transom getting wet, it's only going to be wrapped up until early-mid april-ish anyways.
oh snap that's what i did with it :rofl:

PANDA

Reaction score
Let me know if you need help Jared.

CobraSki03

Reaction score
I will be staying put where Im at for another season. Going to take a ride up this wknd to check on my upholstery work, excited to see how it turns out. Also will be repainting front half of boat to change colors, that may be a tall order and that may have to wait till next year.

PANDA

Reaction score
ALOT of boats on the river this weekend. Not just winter toons either. Even waverunners.

CobraSki03

Reaction score
I was up at my marina paying for my slip, and BS'n with my neighbors. Made a stop at Captains and I could not believe how low the water is!! Can't say I ever remember being up at the chain in Feb and it not having snow and ice so maybe this is normal?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I spent from 2pm until midnight Saturday and 8am to 5pm sunday working on the boat upholstery. i got everything built and foam glued up to the structures, all that's left is making the covers for it all. my back is killing me from being jumped over a pair of saw horses all weekend

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I was up at my marina paying for my slip, and BS'n with my neighbors. Made a stop at Captains and I could not believe how low the water is!! Can't say I ever remember being up at the chain in Feb and it not having snow and ice so maybe this is normal?

that's how panda's backyard looks in July :bowrofl:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
put my deposit down with 1st choice harbor being Diversey and second choice of Burnham. Asked for a port side dock with the boat backed in but willing to take anything. If i don't get what i want i'll immediately get on the transfer list

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score

yeah that's the norm.

I spent from 2pm until midnight Saturday and 8am to 5pm sunday working on the boat upholstery. i got everything built and foam glued up to the structures, all that's left is making the covers for it all. my back is killing me from being jumped over a pair of saw horses all weekend
piccccccccs

and i did this

fuck yeah!

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
ALOT of boats on the river this weekend. Not just winter toons either. Even waverunners.
upper had a bass boat buzz by me. levels are just way too low right now. and some ice bergs floatin' down the middle.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i went paddling yesterday. so fucking nice out.

PANDA

Reaction score

River is low at my house also. I really do not know what the DNR is trying to accomplish but they are discharging a ton of water. We are not going to have any spring flooding this season not sure why the lakes this this much storage.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
:rofl:

panda goin' on about levels already

YEAH MONDAY

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
lower does look a touch low though [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] like you said.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom