Boat & RV Sales currently booming - broken out of worst car sales thread

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Really Im just busting Yaj Yak Yaj Yak balls but

1. hes got a damn pickup.
2. its like eating an elephant. Few loads (i mean bites) at a time.
3. If he waits on others itll be winter before too long.
4. OMG Manual labor! Ohh no. Just do it wuss. Even if I had to rent a little bobcat or something Id personally Id rather toss mulch myself and keep my wallet closed.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
HS kids are NOT going to be coming and doing manual labor. Even if they were, they'd want just as much money as the landscaping guys.

You have some lazy high schoolers near you. I see posts about high schoolers doing landscaping or odd jobs quite a bit on the local NextDoor app. The kid next door has probably close to half a dozen lawns that he mows in the subdivision.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You have some lazy high schoolers near you. I see posts about high schoolers doing landscaping or odd jobs quite a bit on the local NextDoor app. The kid next door has probably close to half a dozen lawns that he mows in the subdivision.

I refuse to download that app.... Also there's like no high-school kids in my hood

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I think a lot of people canceled their summer vacations and still want to spend time with the family. Seems like most are staying away from air travel and are staying semi local. Boat or RV would be a good solution to that issue. Good to see people spending spending money during a period of uncertainty. I myself wouldn't be making a big purchase but I feel like anyone with a boat or RV does not work in the job sector that is being most effected by corona right now. Being at home all day now I notice the on sunny warm days during the week river traffic is the same as weekend last summer. I feel many more people are on the water. Does anyone work?

Reactions: Yaj Yak

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

Once in a while I see a highschool/college kid asking for landscape or babysitting jobs but that is few and far between. Most kids do not want to work at all and fuck off all day every day.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I think a lot of people canceled their summer vacations and still want to spend time with the family. Seems like most are staying away from air travel and are staying semi local. Boat or RV would be a good solution to that issue. Good to see people spending spending money during a period of uncertainty. I myself wouldn't be making a big purchase but I feel like anyone with a boat or RV does not work in the job sector that is being most effected by corona right now. Being at home all day now I notice the on sunny warm days during the week river traffic is the same as weekend last summer. I feel many more people are on the water. Does anyone work?
I think you’re spot on. And this is exactly what we did. We had started talking about buying a camper a little over a year ago. Now with young kids, in a new region of the country, and ‘Rona, we pulled the trigger on a popup so we can get out and vacation more. But it was a mad dash trying to find a used one for a decent price. They’d pop up (haha) on marketplace and 15 minutes in, i’d be like 5th+ in line...

Ended up finding a newer one that a family was selling with a high asking price. Reached out and tossed an almost lowball offer and they took it. (I know, I did get a new ball mount to increase the rise and level out some more...)

5196E773-42B9-4858-BE15-A2147B8602FD.jpg

Now we went on a buying spree of camping gear and things needed to get the fam-damn-ily minivan all set with a brake controller, etc... But even all the camping gear inventory is super low! And people are asking crazy prices for used gear.

Last, it’s just as tough finding an available site to reserve. I lucked out tonight on a site that opened up on a beach side campground in Virginia Beach, but it wasn’t looking promising for anywhere around here to have any sites available...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info