Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I liked it. Much better than the Soprano's finale.

No.

Pretty weak

This entire season was a slap in the face to fans. In my harsh opinion at least. I'm happy my prediction came true b/c I was totally fine with that death, but the rest of the season was just one shitty sendoff after another. This finale was really the only episode where the flashbacks really added to the episode (tho I did find them far more interesting than the actual present time episodes).

Sad its over, even sadder with how the season went.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Thats about how i expected it would end, so I cant really say im disappointed. I mean the stuff w/ luciano and capone had to end the way it did, so no surprises there, and nuckys demise was pretty much written 2 or 3 episodes ago. The flashbacks were great this season. I kinda wish they'd done more of that over the course of the show.

and [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] i knew you were lying. walking dead. :rofl:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Real life Nucky died age 85 :dunno: But I guess since that was Enoch Johnson, they can take artistic liberties.

I thought the ending was appropriate. This season seemed like a forced ending to a show that wasnt ready to end.

So the real life characters followed real life :dunno:

Agreed on ending.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Kind of a weak sendoff for Nucky. The last season jumped from 1924 to 1931 and in that time Tommy grew up to the teenage character seen in the last couple of episodes. If you recall in season 3 after Jimmy is killed Richard was Tommy’s caretaker, eventually killing everyone in Gillian’s brothel and rescuing Tommy. He was maybe 5 or 6 at that time. In season 4, Richard and Julia adopted Tommy.

So where does the hatred for Nucky happen? It doesn’t seem to fit with the plot of the previous seasons as Gillian didn’t have custody of Tommy. Then the 7 years pass by where Gillian is locked in a mental institution. Lots of gaps that don’t really make sense to me.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So where does the hatred for Nucky happen? It doesn’t seem to fit with the plot of the previous seasons as Gillian didn’t have custody of Tommy. Then the 7 years pass by where Gillian is locked in a mental institution. Lots of gaps that don’t really make sense to me.

We're left to put the story together ourselves but to me, at least, its pretty obvious 1 or 2 things happened (or both for that matter).

1. Richard told Tommy everything that happened with Jimmy, Gillian, etc. Or at the least, he left some type of note in the event of his death.

2. Gillian was writing letters to Tommy the entire time she was in the lesbian nuthouse. She wasnt just writing Nucky all the time. She told Tommy everything that happened probably going all the way back to when Nucky gave her up the Pedodore.

Or both happened. I'm gonna go with door #2 tho.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
We're left to put the story together ourselves but to me, at least, its pretty obvious 1 or 2 things happened (or both for that matter).

1. Richard told Tommy everything that happened with Jimmy, Gillian, etc. Or at the least, he left some type of note in the event of his death.

2. Gillian was writing letters to Tommy the entire time she was in the lesbian nuthouse. She wasnt just writing Nucky all the time. She told Tommy everything that happened probably going all the way back to when Nucky gave her up the Pedodore.

Or both happened. I'm gonna go with door #2 tho.

Yeah, I was going down a similar path too. I think that Richard wouldn’t tell as he was always very protective of Tommy. I also don’t think that Julia (Richard’s girlfriend) would let Gillian’s letters make it to Tommy. My assumption is that she raised Tommy or he ended up in an orphanage, either way Gillian would have a really hard time getting to Tommy.

Frankly, I think this ending was done because of how abruptly the season came to an end. If they had another season or two, I think that it would have ended much differently.

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
I'm not saying I liked the season. It was definitely rushed and the way they handled the 7 year jump was garbage. The show could of used at least 1 more full season, probably 2. All I was trying to say in my previous post was that I liked the way Nucky went out. It was fitting. Although I am still sticking to my opinion on the Soprano's finale.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info