BlueDriver OBD2 Reader

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Man, OBD2 readers have come a long way since I bought my last one. That one reads trouble codes. The new readers can read a lot more.

After looking at a bunch of them, I decided to buy the BlueDriver OBD2 reader. It was $100 on Amazon. It's unavailable in an Amazon search tonight so you'll need to google it. Looks like Walmart and BlueDriver itself are two places you can buy it.

The reader reads trouble codes, of course, and also reads a lot more codes such as ABS, airbag, etc. On my Caddy, I found a bunch of power seat trouble codes, for instance.

Depending on the vehicle, the BlueDriver does more or less reading. My wife's older Santa Fe could read a few extra items besides the trouble codes. My Caddy had way more options. My son's 2017 Focus had a TON of them. Cars have progressed in readability.

Once you find a code, the device will give you an explanation if it is common or rare and info on potential fixes.

The BlueDriver will also give you live data as it happens. O2 sensors, fuel pressure, etc. It will log the data. It also provides a freeze frams of how systems were operating when a code was thrown.

Finally, the device will either automatically read your car's info from the VIN or, on older vehicles, require you to input the VIN manually. Amy's car was manually input. My other two cars were automatic.

Here's a pretty good review video that shows the features. I'd add that you have another page of options including updating firmware on the device. BlueDriver keeps updating/improving it so it may be good for some time. According to the guy in the video, he looked up devices that would also control systems on a car for more thorough testing or read more data and they start around $1,300. BlueDriver is one of, if not the best readers on the market at its price point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23NBCA29MWA

The unit is small and simple. It connects via bluetooth to an Android or iPhone. The app is free.

RFvtgyZ.jpg

5VMQvzH.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
After playing with this thing for a day, I am impressed with the features it has.

I cleared my codes to see what new codes would show up and got 1 ABS code where the probable fix is a steering wheel position sensor (very common problem with these cars) and 1 seat code for the downward lumbar switch. Seat works fine so?

Other than that, it's all green. I like how the device and software give you logical scans and help you determine the problem and the fix. Less internet searching necessary.

The Mode 6 and the live scanning are well worth the price of admission.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Flyn
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list