Drag to reposition cover

NEW RIDE blue-sun's GTI Thread

OP
blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
OK, used the kids old GoPro's and shot a few videos.

Only have the cold start up video so far, this 3 min clip that I trimmed down took a good 15 mins to transfer from the GoPro to my iPhone via WiFi. I have a 12 minute clip I shot of Drive Mode, Sport Mode, Manual Mode and some light crusing, that I will work on later.

Mook Mook

OP
blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Mook Mook I got up to 80 mph on the 2nd video that I'm transferring now, no drone at all, was quiet. Cruised at 50-60 also for a minute, no drone.

Your Golf R might be different with those extra 76+ HP over this stock GTI.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The downpipe will for sure make it louder on mine. I have no resonator, so I'm guessing the track exhaust will have similar drone on the highway (its not terrible).

OP
blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Ah, yeah, I have heard the lack of DP makes these cars LOUD.

I think once I'm past my factory warranty period, DP and intake and some other basic mods will happen. For now, I think I'm good on "performance" mods and will be focusing on appearance mods.

OP
blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Mook Mook

Here's the outside video. It's an unlisted video for now.

I used a Joby mount wrapped around the rear window wiper sticking away from the window. I wrapped 2 legs around the base and the 3rd "leg" was just out, and apparently hitting against the window, so the noise you hear is that 3rd leg and not a loose exhaust.

I haven't had a chance to add chapters with what mode I was in, but it was Drive/Normal --> SPORT-->Manual--> Drive/Normal. I'll try and get better/more video's this weekend, but no guarantees.

OP
blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
My rough time estimates:

@2:28 is Drive/Normal
@4:20 is Sport Mode
@6:50 is Manual Mode, though I think I only went 1-3 in Manual mode at WOT, the rest was cruising in 6th or 7th.
@9:02 is Drive/Normal
@11:14 is Back Up Camera POP UP

OP
blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Got an update from ECS about my rear diffuser, looks to finally be shipping later this week. It started as mid-June when I purchased it but it got pushed back a bunch of times, with the most recent being August per the update last week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom